Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
Couple of Engine Pics:

IMG_3681_zps864ab596.jpg

IMG_3691_zps3f63b27e.jpg

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Properly nice car, with an amazing spec :)

The one thing which i notice is missing though, which i find utterly bizarre to not be on a standard feature list for the W12 model, is keyless operation? :confused: Or does it have it but you were charging the key or something?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Its funny you say that, we were discussing the A8 D3 as a car for the other half on IRC a few days ago to replace her E65 7-Series. I am amazed that a model as good as that doesnt appear to have keyless op though?

Associate
It does have Keyless Start and Stop, if you go back and look at the first Interior pic, to the left of the shifter you will see 2 buttons, the big one is Start and the little one is Stop. I've just always used a key on everything else I've owned so I just automatically put the key in.

Taken from the spec list:

"Advanced Key, keyless entry and go system. Includes proximity sensor in door handles and trunk lid and Start/Stop button in the right upper corner of the MMI terminal.
Allows for selective unlocking of doors and trunk lid, starting and stopping of the engine, and locking the vehicle without taking hold of the key.
Key has to be within 60 inches (1.5 m) of proximity sensor to unlock vehicle and in the driver's cell for starting the engine."

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
It does have Keyless Start and Stop, if you go back and look at the first Interior pic, to the left of the shifter you will see 2 buttons, the big one is Start and the little one is Stop. I've just always used a key on everything else I've owned so I just automatically put the key in.

Ah :) Makes sense. Once you get used to keyless operation you will love it.

Back
Top Bottom