Show Us Your Motors!

Commissario
I'm keen to see what the A class with AMG engine will be like, and how it compares to the M135i. Both are on the potential next purchase list...

Soldato
299857_418770251548669_1204108456_n.jpg

Turning into Blackhawk here but this is about as arty as it gets for me.

Man of Honour
Projectors look better too! :p

That looks fantastic.

Why are premium manufacturers doing this? Design fantastic looking cars with great looking headlights and then.... remove the projector lense unless you spec Xenons. Ford doesn't do this with a Fiesta. Kia doesn't do this with a C'eed. BMW and Mercedes never used to do this either - projectors are standard across the range on cars like the E39 etc.

It just makes the cars look crap in the flesh because most people don't realise it's going to look different from the one in the brochure until its arrived and its too late.

The E90 3 Series and F20 1 Series are particularly poor for this. Projector headlights should not be 'Xenon only'.l

Caporegime
Love the look of that A class. Really nice cars. Though if i was spending that much on a new car i'm not sure i would opt for the 1.4 diesel : /. All that lovely sport interior and exterior and as soon as you put your foot on the accelerater pedal you get greeted with nothing more than a wet fart : /

Just looked on Merc website - £500 more gets you a 1.6 turbo with 160bhp or £1000 gets you a 1.8 diesel with 140bhp (and this one would probably would net you nigh on the same fuel economy).

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;23868065 said:
That looks fantastic.

Why are premium manufacturers doing this? Design fantastic looking cars with great looking headlights and then.... remove the projector lense unless you spec Xenons. Ford doesn't do this with a Fiesta. Kia doesn't do this with a C'eed. BMW and Mercedes never used to do this either - projectors are standard across the range on cars like the E39 etc.

It just makes the cars look crap in the flesh because most people don't realise it's going to look different from the one in the brochure until its arrived and its too late.

The E90 3 Series and F20 1 Series are particularly poor for this. Projector headlights should not be 'Xenon only'.l

It's Crazy. I think the pov spec fiesta is the only trim level without projectors. So it's crazy that these premium manufacturers only offer them in expensive options...I have a running joke with friends now about my fetish for 1 series with the vis pack or lack of.

Do want a A45 AMG in that blue though...so tasty! I wonder if there will be a black edition.

I did take out the 1.4 when i was there and it was quite slow.

Soldato
BMW are now offering Xenons for £500 on the F20, instead of £1200 for the visibility pack previously, which came with a lot of stuff no one wanted.

On the A-Class - there is spec above AMG called 'Engineered by AMG' which is about £2k more. This comes with larger wheels, stiffer suspension, a more aggressive body kit and xenon lights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom