Show Us Your Motors!

OcUK Staff
Is it though?

Looks like some morons have been doing donuts in the middle of the road, it makes sense to try and set up as a deterrent.

I think its obvious he is there to catch people who come down the slight downhill straight a too fast and judging by the abuse he got from bikers they clearly thought the same. Clearly parking their to simply issue tickets, to generate money, surely he would be more advised to go and park in a built up 30 area where safety is required.

Man of Honour
I think its obvious he is there to catch people who come down the slight downhill straight a too fast and judging by the abuse he got from bikers they clearly thought the same. Clearly parking their to simply issue tickets, to generate money, surely he would be more advised to go and park in a built up 30 area where safety is required.
Being at the bottom of a hill is very common for cameras in Wales.

Underboss

no offence Gibbo, but i lknow you have ferraris and all that, but the law is the law, if the limit is 60, 70 or even 80, then you shouldn't be going more than that really

i know if its a nice stretch of open road, id be wanting to foot down too, but thats not the point

Soldato
Tbh further up the hill I have no issue with; that stretch is where folk are often pulling over to enjoy the view though. Anyone bombing it past there deserves everything they get.

Last edited:
Caporegime

I think safety is required everywhere. There's enough videos of bikers overcooking it on those sort of roads.

Associate
Gave the 7 a bath, fed the rubber seals around the doors and boot, some trim restorer and slapped some Meguires ceramic wax on. She looking preeeeetty now.

51965768082_63940cc9ce_c.jpg

OcUK Staff
Gave the 7 a bath, fed the rubber seals around the doors and boot, some trim restorer and slapped some Meguires ceramic wax on. She looking preeeeetty now.

51965768082_63940cc9ce_c.jpg

Is that the new Meguiars wax that comes in the big tin in the black box with an applicator and cloth? If so I got the same and have to say it is so easy to apply and remove, fantastic product. Car is looking superb by the way. :)

Associate
Is that the new Meguiars wax that comes in the big tin in the black box with an applicator and cloth? If so I got the same and have to say it is so easy to apply and remove, fantastic product. Car is looking superb by the way. :)

Thanks mate!

No it isn't that one, the Hybrid Ceramic spray wax which comes in a blue bottle. Literally spray on, wipe off, then buff. It seems to work really well.

Associate
Nice chap at the Bicester Scramble this weekend took some pics of my DC5 which came out really well despite the car being quite dirty really as I hadn't intended on showing it. Was taking a couple of photos on my phone and he offered to take some with his camera, all the shots came out really well but I don't want to spam and these two full car shots I really liked :)

mUl8Hpu.jpeg

zGJishV.jpeg

Man of Honour
Just spent the last 2 days driving across Wales with a small group, mainly Yaris GR's but also a 991 GT3 RS and M2 CS
kZ7ZdKn.jpg
m73RkFJ.jpg
kUFl5lE.jpg

Yaris's stood up well in most situations, only when the road became smooth and faster that they struggled. Great fun and some epic roads too.

New windscreen now needed however, managed to get a chip that became an 8 inch crack :(

Man of Honour
u0UDn8w.jpg
These two so close on the road....though the Merc's torque means in real terms unless you are on your game in the GT3 RS, that being in the right gear at the right time the Merc leaves you for dust. Get the RS singing and they are very close.

kdKSGIV.jpg
These two however....not sure the white one could keep with the Racing Gold version.

OcUK Staff
RS owner has taste, ultra violet, that is the colour I shall get when I buy one, but silver wheels for me. Nice ones are 170k now shooting up in value! Not bother as my 458 has also shot up in value as well towards 160-170k even though I've added a load of miles to it.

The Spyder gives me my Porsche thrills for now and I must admit I love it but also tempted to maybe list it at 60k considering there is like no availability on them at present.

Man of Honour
He paid a lot less than £170k and only bought it recently. I think buy price (as you'll well know) is different to forecourt on these.

Man of Honour
Nice chap at the Bicester Scramble this weekend took some pics of my DC5 which came out really well despite the car being quite dirty really as I hadn't intended on showing it. Was taking a couple of photos on my phone and he offered to take some with his camera, all the shots came out really well but I don't want to spam and these two full car shots I really liked :)

mUl8Hpu.jpeg

zGJishV.jpeg

Cracking that

OcUK Staff
He paid a lot less than £170k and only bought it recently. I think buy price (as you'll well know) is different to forecourt on these.

Well I have admittedly been eying up the Manthey car which has ST brakes, 3-way dampers and BBS magnesium wheels. I've seen some higher mileage examples with lesser spec in ultra violet in the 140-150k region and Porsche Chester offered me a car for 145k a few months back, 170k is a perfect spec and sub 5k miles example, if I get one I'd go with a higher miles lower priced example because I use what I buy so no point buying a low mileage example for a premium when in a year alone I will double the miles on the clock and hammer the value.

Man of Honour
These cars will do loads of miles without a worry, bullet proof pretty much. They are however the new stone spewing king of cars, a title formerly held by the Performante and now taken by this one, which caused my windscreen crack. Nothing to do with me being 1 foot from the rear of it.

Back
Top Bottom