Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Got the boys ready for a car show on the weekend. Last of the season for us. Evo is going into hibernation soon. Impreza is off down to Engine Tuner for a small power hike.

53153105178_3bfb293533_c.jpg

53152608096_5a8d1e0992_c.jpg
Beautiful

Soldato
While you lot are driving about in your fancy Porsches, McLarens and Skylines, I cruise the streets in this bad boy...

PXL_20230826_ZTScenery.jpg

Beautiful scenery, shame someone had to park a knackered old MG in the way!

230,000 miles now and still drives incredibly well. It's well looked after, serviced regularly and overall has been very reliable! I do about 25k a year and while I am itching to move into something like an F11 530d Touring, it just doesn't make any sense while the MG is running as well as it is.

I keep setting myself targets as to when I'll change cars but with ULEZ this and EV that... I'm just going to hang on for as long as I can. I have 300k miles in my sights.

Bit dirty in this picture but I do want to give it a full machine polish and have the wheels refurbed. It's a little bit tatty in places but I think is wearing its age and mileage very well. It's been a cracking car and will be a sad day when I inevitably have to say goodbye.

Last edited:
Associate
I bought it in 2014, had 32k miles in it then, im at just over 44k now, I try to do at least 1000 a year but I only take it out in the dry. I dont like it getting wet or looking anything but perfect as its so clean, but I have to get out in it regularly or I start to miss it and get a bit grumpy. Also I think its important to see cars like this blasting down the road at a million miles an hour, not stashed away now they are worth 100k.

4%20-%201600.jpg

5%20-%201600.jpg

6%20-%201600.jpg

engine3.jpg

Looks unreal, much spec? I see a BBK there.

Associate
Looks unreal, much spec? I see a BBK there.

Yeh Stoptech brakes all round, the guy I bought it from (9 years ago) didnt like the gold of the stock brembos so spent £3k on new brakes. It looks stock but has a few subtle mods externally, clear nismo indicators and repeaters, carbon B pillars wheel spacers and lowered on Tein Springs, also the extra vent on the front bumper for the oil cooler as its a UK spec car, this vent is only on the left side of the car and only on the 80 UK cars. Along with this it also has oil coolers for the gearbox and rear diff, the car has 7 radiators in total! The picture I posted with the garage door up and the bonnet open was to try and get rid of some heat before I locked up else it'd be like an oven in there!

Engine has most of the HKS catalogue on it, exhaust, airfilters, intake pipes, intercooler and hard pipes, HKS turbos, Tomei poncams, fuel pump, regulator, injectors, HKS F-con pro and Apexi power FC ecu, greddy boost controller, oil catch can, and probably a bunch of other stuff I have forgotten. Mapped on the dyno to 502bhp on shell 99ron.

3%20-%201600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom