Show Us Your Racks

Soldato
Floor 9 & 10 here, although were migrating out of 9 after only being in there a year ¬_¬"

- GP

We have a big hall on 9.

Things I find lol there:
The lifts.
Everyone perving at a certain receptionist (you know which one) because 99.9% of the building is male and seeing a woman is like water in the desert there.
The guy who does the fire alarm testing announcements and always sounds like he's out of breath just reading a script.
Really fat people who trip the weight limit for the airlock doors at the front because it thinks two people are trying to get in at once.

I'll think of more later.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Floor 9 & 10 here, although were migrating out of 9 after only being in there a year ¬_¬"

- GP

Is the said company also on the 6th?

We have a big hall on 9.

Things I find lol there:
The lifts.
Everyone perving at a certain receptionist (you know which one) because 99.9% of the building is male and seeing a woman is like water in the desert there.
The guy who does the fire alarm testing announcements and always sounds like he's out of breath just reading a script.
Really fat people who trip the weight limit for the airlock doors at the front because it thinks two people are trying to get in at once.

Is the said company a ISP/MSP, with a office very close by? :p;)

Last edited:
Soldato
[RXP]Andy;24424907 said:
Is the said company also on the 6th?

Is the said company a ISP/MSP, with a office very close by? :p;)

FJS, got a big DC over the river as well which is even more of a soul-destroying experience to sit around in (got to go do my annual fire training there soon, sigh).

Associate
We have a big hall on 9.

Things I find lol there:
The lifts.

We are based on the 10th floor and have a rather attractive female engineer who often gets asked if she is lost! The looks she gets when entering and leaving are quite amusing.

Associate
GS has to be the worst place for access and cabling. We have racks in the MMRs in both GS1 and GS2 and cross connects are 3x more than Telecity, Telehouse etc. Access is a joke, I'm on the permanent access list and have to send a form which security and then cablemanger have to approve. It then takes 15 minutes for them to check when you arrive, and i can turn up at 1am and despite a 100 space car park they say only 8 spaces are available and all are booked. Yet the car park is empty and I'm only after an hour of parking!

Associate
My home made rack that sits in my room:

DSC_0698_resized.jpg

Soldato
I like this thread. But I am curious. Why are some work places restricted on taking photo's of servers? Just curious why that is.

They are only computers/servers etc and lots of wires?
(But then I am not in that industry, hence the question)

Thanks.

Associate
This man knows his stuff - if you go for the birch effect like myself, you'll find they currently retail for £6.

It's the Ikea Lack coffee table.

How are you supporting those routers and switches, surely all 5 are not just sitting on a Netgear box??

Associate
I like this thread. But I am curious. Why are some work places restricted on taking photo's of servers? Just curious why that is.

They are only computers/servers etc and lots of wires?
(But then I am not in that industry, hence the question)

Thanks.

Not just photos, some customers use dummy company names on deliveries or restrict people even saying the real name.

Associate
How are you supporting those routers and switches, surely all 5 are not just sitting on a Netgear box??

They've all got their rackmount brackets, instead of using cage nuts i'm using wood screws, and the netgear box is to stop the sag.

I'll be building in a shelf ultimately but needed to get things up and running today.

Soldato
Not just photos, some customers use dummy company names on deliveries or restrict people even saying the real name.

Yep we do that with deliveries for all 'that sort' of customer, although they tend to use fancy/grand sounding names rather than something comedic or non-descript. The highest stuff we have here requires SC clearance so I imagine it's a level below what it would be like somewhere requiring DV.

Back
Top Bottom