Show Us Your XBox 360 Setup!

Soldato
And better. Simply because your FOV is far superior on a smaller screen than a 42'+..

Please explain.:confused:

I use my 24 inch Dell monitor for PS3,360 and the image quality is superb, much better than half of the tv's that I see in shops for silly silly money.

I can't see it myself. I think the 360/PS3 looks much better on a decent plasma than any LCD monitor.

Associate
1_12.jpg

Soldato
Wow

most of you use 32"+ Flatscreens :eek:

There must be so much input lag :\

I use an LG M227WDP monitor Via Vga connection to my 60gb Xbox 360

Yeah, i'm really going to have a 20" monitor on a 40" stand in my lounge...that'd be fantastic!

Can't say i have EVER noticed any problems with response time on any TV i have used.

Soldato
What Samsung model? More likely to be 30-60ms

The older ones yes. My 6 month old has a 5ms response time.

I have it hooked up to the pc on a dual screen setup with a 24" monitor and there is no noticable difference between them when I mirror the display.

Just google "samsung Series 5 response time"

I think a lot of people are still thinking that tv's are much higher still but the newer models (bar LED which is not as fast as LCD) have the same response as a pc monitor (a modern one at that as the older pc monitors were in the 25-35ms response time bracket)

Last edited:
Caporegime
The older ones yes. My 6 month old has a 5ms response time.

I have it hooked up to the pc on a dual screen setup with a 24" monitor and there is no noticable difference between them when I mirror the display.

Just google "samsung Series 5 response time"

I think a lot of people are still thinking that tv's are much higher still but the newer models (bar LED which is not as fast as LCD) have the same response as a pc monitor (a modern one at that as the older pc monitors were in the 25-35ms response time bracket)

My 6 Series A656 is 30-60ms. What model's yours?

I know the Sony W4000s were 0ms apparently.

Soldato
Response Time != Input Lag.

Input lag is just that, input lag. Response time you see nasty trailing of the pixels, especially blacks. Personally, anything over 25ms is VERY noticeable and starts to get just about quick enough to not notice at 16ms or so. I remember early LCD's (and the sharp PSP panels iirc) had awful response times and resulted in lots of nasty trailing. Eurgh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input_lag
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Response_time_(technology)#Display_technologies

Soldato
My 6 Series A656 is 30-60ms. What model's yours?

I know the Sony W4000s were 0ms apparently.

Samsung LE32C530

"Samsung series 5 LCD TV comes with Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080), a fast 5ms response time and a 178° viewing angle."

Perfect for everything I do on it.

Just looked up your's and it has a 6ms response time where did you get 30-60ms from?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Samsung LE32C530

"Samsung series 5 LCD TV comes with Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080), a fast 5ms response time and a 178° viewing angle."

Perfect for everything I do on it.

Just looked up your's and it has a 6ms response time where did you get 30-60ms from?

Input lag and screen refresh (response time) are two different things.

60ms is normal viewing with the picture processing and 30ms is in game mode when picture processing is deactivated.

Back
Top Bottom