Shower Enclosure Poitioning

Soldato
Slightly odd one this, we are looking to put a bathroom into a small bedroom and the best place for the shower to be results in it being partially in an alcove next to a chimney. What we would like to do is position the shower tray across the full width of the alcove and then use a two sided shower enclosure for the rest. If you look at the following picture the walls a re black shower tray red and enclosure green

The challenge as I see it is getting enough of an overlap on the tray to attach the encolsure to as it comes out of the alcove. The alcove is wider than the proposed shower tray so my thought is to put a a solid timer at the corner with as much over lap on the tray as possible and board and tile over that which should potentially allow the mounting of shower encolsure by screwing into that timber. Does that sound sensible? has anyone seen it or done it as I can't fin anything online!

Soldato
OP
Whats the sizes of all this?

You can get regular shower trays that you're able to cut down to size. But it all comes down to sizes and if it's available.

Although if the alcove is not very deep I really don't know if it would be worth the hassle. Just make that area in to a shelf or seat.
So the alcove is 30cm deep and just over 100cm wide, the idea I have is to fit a standard 1200 x 1000 shower base into the alcove with a 1000 x 1000 of that protruding extra depth in the above would be boarded out to hide shower controls/pipes.

Back
Top Bottom