Shower issues

Soldato
Bit of a weird one, but just looking for advice. I have an aqualisa aquastream power shower and it's been pretty good (although is a bit like triggers broom). I've got a failed o-ring that seeming is only sold as part of the pump (for £150), the leak is between the pump and the valve.
It's an odd size o ring as it's got a square profile and I can't find an exact match. I've tried a metric 22 x 2.5 but it still leaks.

My question is will silicone sealant take up any excess or is that too much of a bodge, I'm reluctant to pay 150 quid for a 10p o ring. I can't find exact sizes of the o-ring online, I know I should take it apart again and just measure the parts, hit I'm at work now and wondered whether to carry on fixing the shower, or call it a day and replace with something else (which seems daft given what the failure is).

Bit of a weird one, but just looking for advice. I have an aqualisa aquastream power shower and it's been pretty good (although is a bit like triggers broom). I've got a failed o-ring that seeming is only sold as part of the pump (for £150), the leak is between the pump and the valve.
It's an odd size o ring as it's got a square profile and I can't find an exact match. I've tried a metric 22 x 2.5 but it still leaks.

My question is will silicone sealant take up any excess or is that too much of a bodge, I'm reluctant to pay 150 quid for a 10p o ring. I can't find exact sizes of the o-ring online, I know I should take it apart again and just measure the parts, hit I'm at work now and wondered whether to carry on fixing the shower, or call it a day and replace with something else (which seems daft given what the failure is).

Have you tried a custom o-ring manufacturer?

I did think that, but wasn't sure how much theyd charge. I just find it ridiculous that it's not standard. When I measured it it's something like 23mm x 2.5 mm x 3.5mm. not sure if the height matters though as I'd have thought it would seal on the edge.

I did think that, but wasn't sure how much theyd charge. I just find it ridiculous that it's not standard. When I measured it it's something like 23mm x 2.5 mm x 3.5mm. not sure if the height matters though as I'd have thought it would seal on the edge.

Nothing to lose by calling a few places. Hopefully it's less than £150 :o

I've emailed the manufacturer but as I did that yesterday but I'll let them off for not responding yet :p .

Edit for reference it's the seal between parts 3 and 4 in the attached diagram.
aqualisa_aquastream_thermo_2003-current_satin_chrome_813.40.01.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if it's the exact one but they seem to do others...

Last edited:
Based on the parts diagram you posted this seems closer, it list Aqualisa Aquastream 022808 Manual Blue Cartridge Assembly

It should have a model number written on it somewhere, that would be handy as most places aren't going to list the sizes of washers/o-rings.

Back
Top Bottom