Silo - By Hugh Howey - May 5th

Associate
Silo is set in a world where the last ten thousand people on earth live a mile under the surface to evade the toxic and deadly world outside – but nobody actually knows when or why their titular home was built, and attempting to find out often leads to some deadly consequences. Ferguson plays Juliette, an engineer who wants answers about the death of a loved one, and ends up tumbling down a rabbit hole of mystery and intrigue about just what the Silo is, how it started, and whether the outside world is quite as dangerous as she and the other residents are being led to believe.

The complete series is available as ebooks on a rainforest for £2

(from Empire Online)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well I must say that I am impressed by the transition from print to screen.

If the silo was as described in the books it wouldn't be as pleasing to watch, so they get a free pass on that.

I wished they explained in greater detail the reasons for printing being so expensive, and it isn't just because paper is a finite resource.

Cleaning suits look spot on, and they made a point of showing the heat tape.

I am stoked for ep3.,but damn appletv for drip feeding.
Wish they dumped the lot, all Netflix like.

Associate
OP
I'm a big fan of the books, and I've read the whole lot and all that jazz.
I like the series, its decent, and they are following the lore in the best way possible but I am enjoying reading all the theories in this thread just as much.

You lot are gonna be gobsmacked.

Associate
OP
If it's a dream or they are in 'limbo' / purgatory I'm smashing my TV :D
rick-roll-rick-ashley.gif

Associate
OP
I like the episode, then again I do like the slow fizzle towards a bombshell
If I wanted 45minutes of hard action I'd watch something else.

It's understandable that some people aint all that fond of this style of series, and that's fine. Each to their own and all that jazz.

I like how they have managed to get viewers to either like the Sheriff Nic and want her to succeed in the same way that Walk and the others in Mech do, or to really dislike her and find her annoying.... just like how other characters in the series, The Mayor, Judicial man and other up-toppers feel towards her.

Associate
OP
It's certainly not serious SciFi and comes across as somewhat corny with its random characters like the star man. Little to no mention or return to the pit gate at the bottom of the Silo either.

Strange show.
You should pay attention to the star man

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I think your being a bit harsh, mostly it's because a fair amount of shows aren't slow but just irrelevant and boring. You could say Walking Dead was slow. I'd just say it was crap because nothing happened for vast stretches. I'm OK with this show atm because it feels like it's leading to something, the investigation needs to become more relevant to the premise of why they're there and what for, otherwise it will start to feel like it's not worth the effort.
You're right mate.

All we are being shown right now are a lot of seemingly random things with nothing obvious to connect them.

TWD would blow their budget on 1st and last eps of a season with filler in between.

Lost was just weird unconnected happenings with a new strange thing each week.

Maybe "Silo" is not for the weak?

Associate
OP
Well it's renewed for a second season, so why rush it? This is the problem with a lot of TV shows (and games) today, everything goes to **** because the execs pander to the idiot generations who want everything explained to them in childlike simplicity and in as short a time as possible. So everything gets rushed and everything is dumbed down.
I agree.

Look at other newish series.
Pander to the instant gratification, goldfish generation.
Halo was awful, just a bloody soap opera with a bloke in a spartan suit who took his lid off.

As I said above, if I wanted 45mins of generic action I would watch something else.

I want a story, I want an adventure and Silo is doing a really good job of doing that.

Associate
OP
Still love reading all the guessing and theorising.

To all those who need constant action and happenings, lay off the coffee.

If you are enjoying watching the series, I highly recommend you start reading the books.

As always, another cracking episode.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom