Sim Machine Euro truck 2 Build etc

Associate
Hi Overclockers. messed with pc stuff on and off for a while ex office environment refurbs etc rip them to bits swap stuff about make 1 ok home pc out of 3 etc lol

PC Advice plz
Budget £500+ nothing major if possible something to run office / Euro Truck / Farm Sim
2-4GB Graphics needed

no mouse keyboard monitor OS Needed

Grandkids visit a lot want to use my pc with a mouse . they have laptops but always want to use my pc
they can have this, if i can sort a home Sim Game pc.
not sure if its possible with the budget or for my needs look at a OC Built Kit
or if current pc is upgradeable specs below
and let Family use a ex office pc for browsing youtube etc

Regards
Chris

Soldato
@PIJ46

Board comes with 256GB SSD. Use AMD StoreMI to combine HDD and SSD k to large fast hybrid drive

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £477.64 (includes shipping: £11.70)

As above, could just save cash and use your own :)
Slap in GPU

Not sure if your desktop is slim model or not ?

Total: £137.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Runs off Mobo power so no need for new PSU etc.

Ryzen 2400g sits between this and GT 1030 so will have good grunt for games at low cost​

Permabanned
if you could drop a extra £50 you could have a GTX 1060, however with the budget you set a 1050ti is a good as you got and tbf thats all you would need to play the games at 1080p

Total: £489.04 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Associate
OP
Thanks for the quick replies Soldato and Orbitalwash
the HP is the Slim build struggled to find slim low profile graphics card to fit the unit
the unit is max 100mm deep on the outside internal size a bit smaller

This Runs The truck sim etc fine its been a bit sluggish with a good few game mods installed and running
removed some mods and its ok again got to work out which mods caused the problem
or if its just a power / processing struggle of the pc

thanks for the graphics suggestion ill look at the size in "mm" see if it will fit
might upgrade to that then look at the other build
Thanks

Permabanned
thanks for the graphics suggestion ill look at the size in "mm" see if it will fit
might upgrade to that then look at the other build
Thanks

The low profile 1050 will fit its a common upgrade in old office pc's.
You should note the 1050 is not a very power full gpu. The 1050ti is a lot more powerful and is only a mid setting 1080p gpu.

Why don't you buy a used 1150 motherboard and cases then recase the system.

Associate
OP
The low profile 1050 will fit its a common upgrade in old office pc's.
You should note the 1050 is not a very power full gpu. The 1050ti is a lot more powerful and is only a mid setting 1080p gpu.

Why don't you buy a used 1150 motherboard and cases then recase the system.

now you got me thinking never gave used kit a thought do a used kit build after messing with office pcs lol
thats how i got this HP elitedesk 700 G1.

Upgrade this a bit /refurb or new Build too

Associate
OP
Bump Hi Overclockers i got a low profile Nvidia-1050 everything running fine. I've had win10 installed a while im thinking of doing a fresh install
would a SSD fit the HP elitedesk 700 G1. for a fresh install would it help that much. i think there's a bay under the HD Bay that takes a SSD.
not sure if the board has the correct fittings etc what leads come with a SSD.. I Have been looking at a HP Elitedesk 800 G1 a step up with a better i5 or i7
BOARD INFO HERE.
Motherboard
Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Model 1998 (SOCKET 0)
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model Haswell
Chipset Revision 06
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model Q87
Southbridge Revision C1
BIOS
Brand Hewlett-Packard
Version L01 v02.33
Date 15/07/2014
Chipset Intel Q87 Express

Thanks Chris

Associate
In terms of connections, I'm basing what I say on your motherboard chipset. You'll 99.9% be able to use a SATA drive, but you may also be able to use an NVME drive. You need to check any documentation you got with it and see if it has that capability, although in my opinion a SATA drive is not noticeably slower.

Back
Top Bottom