Sim Tower error :(

Associate
After reading another topic on her relating to Sim City, I decided to see if Sim Tower was around. Found a legitimate download on multiple sites although on playing the game it won't let me save it after I've been playing for a while.

I just get an error message "Disk full or locked". I can assure you it's neither so is there anything I can do to fix it?

Associate
OP
If you're interested in getting it again, just search on google for "simtower download". There's quite a few sites that offer it as a direct HTTP download :)

In regards to the error, I've managed to sort of work out what it is. I can save a game for about the first hour or two that I'm playing but after that I get the error. This happens on both my WinXP SP3 and WinVista 32 machines. I'm not sure if I can be bothered to sort out reformatting a disk as FAT32 as I'm not too sure if it'll actually work.

The solution I've come to is to save regularly (Just like at uni :p ) and make a copy of the save every time I do as when the error pops up, it corrupts the save file. Once the error has appeared, quit the game and simply reload. Should only loose about 10-15 minutes play.

It's still just as awesome as it was 10 years ago when I played it :D I'd really love a more up-to-date version with maybe 4-5 layers in the tower, more lifts (24 isn't enough!) and other fancy additions that I can't think of.

Associate
OP
Hmm virtual machine. I like that idea. Might give it a go although my save often method seems to be working well.

Tried Yoot Tower but it was a bit daunting and I didn't like the lack of a minimap and speed change so I gave up :(

Back
Top Bottom