Simon the Sorcerer - alternative

Soldato
You're after a point and click/ graphic adventure title, then.

Grim Fandango has recently been re-released with a few modern tweaks. Possibly the best in the genre, was the last AAA graphic adventure game.

Daedalic, a German studio, make modern point and clicks. I've played Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes, and it was a lot of fun. They also made the Deponia series, which is well regarded.

The Monkey Island games are great. Not sure if they're available for modern systems.

Broken Age is a new game from Tim Schafer's studio, Double Fine (Tim Schafer being the lead on the Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, and other Lucas Arts adventure games). Part one is available, part 2 is due in the next few months.

Associate
Beneath a Steel Sky
Sam and Max Hit The Road
Indiana Jones series (Only the old ones)
Broken Sword - One of my all time favourites

The only one's off the top of my head.

Monkey Island has already been mentioned. If you don't like the old look then there are remastered versions of the old one's that look incredible.

Update#

Just realised you asked for games that are newer. My apologies.

There is a new Broken Sword game out that is good. All the Broken Sword games have a very nice art style to them if it's the graphics that you are bothered about.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sam and Max - definitely

Deponia series is good

Pendulo studios make some very good ones : The Runaway series, Yesterday, The Next Big Thing

Ceville is very funny

Machinarium is excellent

I've a few more great adventures but I'd have to look at my steam account to remember their names

Edit : Ben there Dan that and the sequel Time gentlemen please - though very very crude in the graphics and dialogue department, is surprisingly very good and very funny

Last edited:
Associate
I still remember on Simon the Sorcerer where you have to go to that tattoo parlour and get the correct tattoo to complete the puzzle.

The music was amazing on that game.

Back
Top Bottom