Simple VB question

Associate
Bahh I feel like a noob but here we go, so I got this vb project I just finished and I'm looking to change the name of a folder but honestly don't know how. If I just simply rename the folder it gives me a error when opening the actual project on vb.

The folder there is the one I want to rename, the 1KB file is the one I use to open the whole project.
34ypjk0.jpg
[/IMG]
This is what's inside
344qw4k.jpg

Last edited:
Without knowing more about the code etc i'd imagine it's hard for anyone to say definitely what is wrong.

However my first guess would be that something references the folder using the hard coded value "full one" for the path, so when you change the name of the folder the code can't find it and falls over?

The solution (1kb) file will be looking for the folder to be named as it was when the solution was created.

Simple fix is to delete the solution file, and the other temp file leaving just the folder. Rename the folder. Then open visual studio and File>Open the project file inside the folder. This will create a new solution which you can then save.

As far as I'm aware the solution file can be thought of as a wrapper for multiple projects, and the project file a wrapper for multiple project files. You don't need either to open an existing application.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom