Simple, yet tasty cookbook recommendation

Soldato
Morning Gents!
I'm after a cookbook that had more traditional cooking recipes or simple dishes done well.
It's for someone who is older and just started to take over the cooking so isn't used to it yet.
Hope this makes sense?
No fancy pants equipment.
Oh we have bought them skillet as something fancy.

Thank you
Hayley

Associate
Leith's Simple Cookery is a good book to have, both as a reference covering a lot of technique in addition to a pretty extensive collection of recipes.

I still always recommend Jamie Oliver books, he has some good introductory ones like the 15 minute book, his recipes are all easy to follow and quite tasty - still go back to that one regularly.

Associate
I have a book by Gary Rhodes called 'Great fast Food' that I still revisit even though my cooking skills & culinary tastes have ventured far from the day I bought it. Gary seems to have taken some classic recipes and simplified them. It's a great book for beginners. That reminds me of another book, one of Nigel Slaters early books called 'Real fast Food'. It was in paper back and I used it so much the pages started falling out and I stopped using it. Shame. Hope that helps. Safran

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom