Single-Dual Channel RAM Upgrade Advice

Associate
Hey guys, I currently have a 1x16gb 3200mhz DDR4 stick of RAM in my PC (from e-buyer) which is clocked @ 2933mhz because the CPU is a second gen ryzen (r7 2700x) and I am essentially trying to get another stick to get dual-channel 2x16gb sticks. Userbenchmark.com says that the RAM is a Corsair CM4X16GD3200C16K4E 1x16GB. And I've been looking at buying this particular stick:

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categ...EANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M1E3200C16#tab-tech-specs

So my question would be, would there be any problems with timings and such? I'm quite unsure on how to check this thoroughly enough. I know that CPU-Z has the same tested latency (16-20-20-38) but would this suffice or am I overlooking something? Thanks in advance

Soldato
I'd just go with a 2 stick kit and sell off the single stick you have now since trying to mix and match potentially opens up the possibility of compatibility issues, even the same part number sticks can have slight differences.

Soldato
I have experience with mismatched sticks not working properly even though the speed and timings were the same. Admittedly that was with four sticks and there’s a recent LTT video that suggests there are fewer issues with two. I’d still go with a matched pair if at all possible.

Back
Top Bottom