• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Single GPU v 2 GPU

Soldato
I'm putting together the final specs to my new build with the intention of getting an Ivy Bridge CPU when they're released.

See post - http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=21625115&postcount=23

now I've been thinking about stretching my budget for a GTX580 3Gb card instead of the one listed. Are there any advantages / disadvantages over a large single GPU over 2 lesser cards in xfire (Budget up to £350)

The rest of the system will be

mobo and ram as above, Crucial M4 128gb SSD, Western Digital HDD 2Tb + 1Tb, LG BH10LS38 10x BluRay-RW / 16 x DVD±RW Lightscribe Drive, Corsair H80 CPU cooler, Corsair 600T White case, and re using an Antec 750W PSU.

EDIT.

The PC will mainly used for Photoshop / Lightroom with some gaming as well.

Soldato
OP
Ha ha sure - as soon as I get a new motherboard and buy another for myself first :p

But do check out the performance of the 7950. I'm not sure what the price is of it compared to the 580 these days if you look around on the net but it's a good buy. Unless you hate AMD of course :)

I'm using a 5770 at the mo in my pc. So i dont hate AMD, just prefer Nividia :p

Back
Top Bottom