Single seat classic bikes

Soldato
Any suggestions?

I rode a Royal Enfield in India years ago, a 500cc Bullet.

I loved it and just checked up on pricing over here (yea, the bug for a bike is back) and it's reasonable. But I'll be honest, it's performance is lacking for British roads in my opinion.

But I LOVE to looks of it.

Is there anything to match it out there? I know the Triumph's bonny is similar, but it's a 2 seater.

IMG_2068.jpg

There were a few spy shots of a rumoured Bobber of some description by Triumph a few months ago. Maybe something for next year? (dat hunch!)

WJ0TjTd.jpg

Any reason why you want single seat in particular? The Bonneville is an awesome bike. You can use the big seat to strap stuff to, or just convert it to single seat if you want.

Last edited:
I think I'll stick to the enfield and look into the upgrade kit. Although, at over half the value of the bike, it's a bit much for a little extra power.

Make your own from a different bike, that way it'll not only be how you want it. But it'll also be unique! :D

I think I'll stick to the enfield and look into the upgrade kit. Although, at over half the value of the bike, it's a bit much for a little extra power.

That's for the all in one big bore upgrade kit with all the bells and whistles, you can get useful improvements without spending that much.

Even better build yourself a special using a thumper from a Jap bike or a KTM, it's something I've thought about before. A Royal Enfield with a 690 Duke engine would be fun (actually terrifying), but even something like a Suzuki DR650 engine would give you something that can easily cruise at modern traffic speeds.

Last edited:
That's for the all in one big bore upgrade kit with all the bells and whistles, you can get useful improvements without spending that much.

Even better build yourself a special using a thumper from a Jap bike or a KTM, it's something I've thought about before. A Royal Enfield with a 690 Duke engine would be fun (actually terrifying), but even something like a Suzuki DR650 engine would give you something that can easily cruise at modern traffic speeds.

That is not a bad idea and could be a fun little project. Hmmmm...

It would be great fun at the lights :D I'm not sure how much of the Enfield would be left once you have got the bike up to scratch.

Back
Top Bottom