SIP phone config

Associate
I have been trying to configure some KX-UT123NE phones to work with FreePBX. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get it to work.

Does anyone have any experience with these? I have never come across a more obtuse SIP device interface and it's driving me slowly mad...

Associate
OP
Thanks for the response, but I'd already read that without satisfaction. In any event, those are operating instructions, the installation manual is here.

In all other SIP devices that I've dealt with, it's a simple matter of pointing it at the IPBX, giving it the user name and password then calling all the thai bride services that you could wish for.

This phone seems to give far more intricate settings, but absolutely no leeway for the uninitiated in newspeak as they seem to use terms unique to panasonic.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks, tried watching the video but found the accent and mumbling heavy going and it seemed to largely be concerned with the configuration of VLANs and getting the network infrastructure consistent.

I've actually just managed to configure the phone myself, I got frustrated to filled out all the settings, even the ones that weren't applicable. If I get a spare moment, I'll go through the settings one by one and find out which one it is that I was missing so that future generations can benefit from this thread.

Thanks again Edward78, sometimes it just helps to have a sounding board :)

Back
Top Bottom