US: Siren - 2018

Soldato
Just finished episode 3. It is an interesting show let down by wooden acting by everyone bar the sea lions. It can be a struggle to get into the plot when it is driven by two very drab characters (Ben and Maddie). Helen is perhaps quite an interesting character, she seems to know a lot about the past regarding Ben's ancestors and the sirens.

Soldato
Guilty pleasure had a few great moments but the rest felt like a traditional Syfy show. Wonder where it'll go in s2 as the way they started going in s1 was making me lose interest towards the end.

Associate
Guilty pleasure had a few great moments but the rest felt like a traditional Syfy show. Wonder where it'll go in s2 as the way they started going in s1 was making me lose interest towards the end.

I am thinking its going more alone the family history line... and then the military just wont quit,

there is always the risk of going down the other route of adding warewolfs/other cryptids route but i dont think that would be a good idea.

Soldato
I am thinking its going more alone the family history line... and then the military just wont quit,

there is always the risk of going down the other route of adding warewolfs/other cryptids route but i dont think that would be a good idea.

I wanted more of the main mermaid adjusting to life on land as they rushed that through in a episode or two.

Soldato
Watched the first few episodes of this. It's won a personal award for me. THE worst tv series I've ever seen.
It's one of those low budget syfy shows isn't it, usually followed by an episode of ufo conspiracies featuring someone who used to work in area 51 gone rogue!

Don't get me wrong, I can watch some rubbish.......but damn, this is dire

Soldato
Forgot to say that Season 2 has already begun... And I can't see this show really progressing far after the first few episodes. The story just moves far too slowly.

Natalee Linez is the hot new addition to the season and I'm hoping her character can spice things up somewhat.

Soldato
I gave this a shot for a few episodes when season 1 started on SyFy, hoping it'd be a bit like Haven etc. Sadly it didnt' come close, really surprised it got another season.

Meanwhile I don't think SyFy UK even bothered showing the final season of 12 Monkeys...

Soldato
I gave this a shot for a few episodes when season 1 started on SyFy, hoping it'd be a bit like Haven etc. Sadly it didnt' come close, really surprised it got another season.

Meanwhile I don't think SyFy UK even bothered showing the final season of 12 Monkeys...

They didn't and Netflix haven't got it yet as they used to get them not too long after

S2 got off to a slow start not sure how it's going to go with a group suddenly turning up.

Associate
Just went to read about the Season 2 finale after having watched it, and it seems that is it - show is cancelled by USA. Hardly surprised as it was just too dull and slow moving.

http://www.tv.com/news/code-blue-usa-cancels-sirens-after-two-seasons-142972354618/

I think that article is for a different siren, as the siren for this theard about mermaids, currently the second season is on a break set to resume in june/july to air the remaining 8 episode as season 2 was renew for 16 episode run. now new yet as to weather it cancel or renew for season 3.

Soldato
I think that article is for a different siren, as the siren for this theard about mermaids, currently the second season is on a break set to resume in june/july to air the remaining 8 episode as season 2 was renew for 16 episode run. now new yet as to weather it cancel or renew for season 3.
Yeah you're spot on, my bad. I saw a mention on twitter that Sirens was cancelled in the current season 2. I had no idea there was another show with the same name!

Bugger, now I've got to finish off the season later in the year :o

Back
Top Bottom