Site feedback: X Factor + Hot Or Not

Associate
Hey guys. This thing won a Silicon roundabout tech start up challenge. 24 hours to go from concept to business plan to working product and validation by customers.

The idea is the user becomes the music critic. The biggest sharers will get the highest voting influencers. And artists gain recognition.

http://youcover.me/

Would love some feedback.

The site is excellent. Simple, and elegant. I like it.

Slightly confusing when voting that the vote number didn't go up, nor any other feedback besides the button being depressed.

Not my idea of fun watching average, or less than average covers, but I guess XFactor shows theres a market for it. Maybe try to mix in some better voted ones, but I guess you'll need some time for the content to be voted on to work itself out.

Being able to pick (and define) music type might be an idea, I'm not a fan of the overly pop that I was getting, and it turned me off from using the site much.

Good Luck. :)

Really like the logo! :)
I think it's a little too plain. A little too much empty space at the moment.

The videos could do with a rounded border or outline to keep instyle with the rounded buttons.
At the moment the "vote" and "visit channel" are based on the length of the screen name, maybe fix the "visit channel" to the top right so it don't make the page look uneven?

"Search for a cover" could be an option.

Not a fan of where the "follow@youcoverme" tweet link is.

Like the idea. Keep going :)

Awesome feedback guys. Feedback on which button is pressed and updating the counter at the same time was my thinking exactly so it's high on the dev list. We do need to get creative about the covers, aln. Got some plans for it that will hopefully come together soon.

Search for a cover is a good idea. It also makes me think, perhaps searching for covers based on band/artist as well as song so they can keep voting in that category.

Back
Top Bottom