Six dead in Quebec Mosque terror attack

Caporegime
What was it?
Not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslim?

What utter nonsense. So this French Canadian cannot be classed as a terrorist?? To me he is a terrorist whether he did it for religious or political reasons.

But we all know that he will diagnosed as having a mental illness of some sort, again regardless of his motives for killing those muslims praying.

Soldato
What utter nonsense. So this French Canadian cannot be classed as a terrorist?? To me he is a terrorist whether he did it for religious or political reasons.

But we all know that he will diagnosed as having a mental illness of some sort, again regardless of his motives for killing those muslims praying.

Think that's what he's saying

Caporegime
The Quebec authorities have not identified the suspects, but Radio Canada quoted a source close to the investigation as saying that they were students at Laval University in Quebec City and one was of Moroccan origin.

An eyewitness told the radio station that two hooded people had burst into the mosque. One opened fire on those praying and shouted "Allahu Akbar", Arabic for "God is Great".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38793071

from the bbc

Caporegime
here are a few for Libya for example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Am_Flight_103

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Benghazi_attack

people need to stop supporting fake news - if you're going to defend it the cite some sources

Neither of those happened on US soil. I never posted the data in this thread because it is irrelevant, but the table related to US Citizens killed in the US by terrorists listed by citizenship of the terrorist at the time of the attack. Someone born in Iran, emigrated to the US at age 2, because a US Citizen and lived in the US for 20-30 years before committing a terrorist attack is counted as an American terrorist in term of immigration. Trump's atrocious ban does not remove US citizens that were born in any of the banned countries.And his ban does nothing to prevent another PanAm or Benghazi disaster, in fact quite the opposite it will increase the risks of those attacks.

The data is perfectly valid and well referenced if you want to do your own research.

Soldato
BBC News said:
An eyewitness told the radio station that two hooded people had burst into the mosque. One opened fire on those praying and shouted "Allahu Akbar", Arabic for "God is Great".

Seriously BBC? A guy bursts into a mosque with an AK-47, 50 Muslims start shouting "Allah-Akbar" among the sound of gunfire yet some "eyewitness" was so close that he could distinguish this guy saying "Allah-akbar" yet managed to not get sprayed at point blank?

I'm confused.

Caporegime
Seriously BBC? A guy bursts into a mosque with an AK-47, 50 Muslims start shouting "Allah-Akbar" among the sound of gunfire yet some "eyewitness" was so close that he could distinguish this guy saying "Allah-akbar" yet managed to not get sprayed at point blank?

I'm confused.

there where 50 people in the mosque only 6 died so yes lots of witnesses that did not "get sprayed at point blank"

Caporegime

I'm confused.

Which is why it is probably unsubstantiated and the BBC have removed reference to that until better evidence comes along.

Soldato
Is it vital a terrorist actually kills someone before being considered a threat? Is maiming or serious injury inadequate...? What are the statistics if the ultimate act of murder as a marker is reduced to maimed or injured?

Given the chart shows a clear contrast to other countries, it is sufficient. Or do you suppose that if you counted maimed people instead of killed, it would suddenly even out? Do you suppose that Syrians preferentially maim compared to Saudis who prefer to kill or something?

If I were going to critique the chart, I would pick up something like it obviously including 9/11 and comment on how valid it is to draw overall conclusions based on one massively exceptional outlier. Or I'd query the source for it and what the actual definition of terms are. But you don't. You're not even very good at being racist. Your reasoning ability is actually as saddening to me as your xenophobia.

Caporegime
Apparently this is the shooter

alexandre_bissonnette_1.jpg

And his facebook page.

https://archive.is/u2Hex

Likes Marine Le Pen and Donald Trump, what a surprise.

Soldato
there where 50 people in the mosque only 6 died so yes lots of witnesses that did not "get sprayed at point blank"

I'm not saying how many people survived. I'm saying ALL the people who survived would have been shouting Allah-Akbar. They were Muslim and that's what they shout even when they're getting shot at. So imagine dozens of people shouting Allah-akbar, how could you clearly distinguish this guy saying it while fleeing gunfire? Would you be looking at his mouth and listening or running away while hearing dozens of random people shouting "allah-akbar" from every direction? It's more likely that the people who died were shouting it with their last breaths, and it's more likely they were the ones in closest proximity to the shooter.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Unfortunately it's looking increasingly like right wing extremism, perhaps emboldened by what is happening south of the border, although Quebec has always been rather different to the rest of Canada in many respects so perhaps not.

Why not both suffering from mental illness? Or do people of Morrocan origin not suffer from that? Or is it called mental illness in one race and terrorism in another? Surely just pick a term and stick with it.

I think he's saying that non muslim "terrorists" are always excused as having mental illnesses.

Soldato
wtf is going on these days, at the start of the thread - it was Islamic terror attack with Syrian suspects and AK47s, now it's apparently a right-wing French-Canadian?

Everything is BS, you can't trust a damn thing you read anywhere, people just make stuff up as they go along,

Suspended
wtf is going on these days, at the start of the thread - it was Islamic terror attack with Syrian suspects and AK47s, now it's apparently a right-wing French-Canadian?

Everything is BS, you can't trust a damn thing you read anywhere, people just make stuff up as they go along,

Welcome to fake news. Always wait for verified facts

Soldato

There are some bad, angry, disaffected people in this world who want to cause harm. They come from all over and mostly they believe themselves to be acting out the will of their idea of God. They want to put an end to the sort of liberal freedoms we have enjoyed over the last 50-60 years. Some of them claim to be Muslim, some claim to be Christian. Neither have understood the key message of their religion.

The biggest danger we face is not the terrorist, but the governments who are using these people as a pretext to enslave us.

Caporegime

24 Hour news and those wanting it to be the case.

Welcome to fake news. Always wait for verified facts

Agreed, which is why I'm being very cautious about how I said what I did. it may not be, but the more news coming out is indicating it probably isn't an islamic extremism situation.

EDIT: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/quebec-city-mosque-shooting/article33822092/

After initially saying there were two suspects, police from the Sureté du Québec confirmed around noon Monday that there was only one and that he was in custody. The other is being considered a witness.

Primary attention now centres on Alexandre Bissonnette, a 20-something resident of Quebec City suburb of Cap-Rouge. He is expected to be arraigned later Monday.

And it's still being called a terrorist attack.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom