Skoda Enyaq IV

Associate
I like it better looking than the ID4. different colour though.

wonder how many tens of thousands of pounds the vRS version will be????

Associate
Interesting take on the ID4 with typical Skoda modifications. vRS model may well be closer to, or slightly over £50k. Similar internal dimensions to the 5 seat kodiaq internally which is good and theoretically close to a 300 mile range may tick the box for some looking to move to an all electric platform.

We have a diesel kodiaq, which does everything I need it to do, is large enough to haul 2 adults and two teenagers in comfort so until I can replace that with something similar with a similar electric range to the range I'm getting now then maybe I'll consider swapping it out.

Associate
It looks like a great car.Thomas on Autogefuhl has a good first look video as well.

Much better looking than the ID4 and the interior looks much more premium than the ID4 IMHO.

As for waiting for an EV that has the same cargo and range as my present car before I change, I regularly get 650 miles plus in my Q7 with six people in the car. I can't see that coming in an EV for many years unfortunately.

However, the Enyaq looks great and has the advantage of being an EV from the ground up so you get the space inside despite a shorter body length. My wife's Karoq has been awesome but I don't know if the Enyaq will be as goer for her when she changes next summer.

Soldato
When will we see a proper revolution in design? Electric cars still look to much like ICE ones surely now is the opportunity to radically improve the aero dynamics for improved range/ efficiency with cars like this that are designed ground up as electric?

Decent looking car though, I like the recent Skoda styling much more appealing than the equivalent VW’s

Associate
What's interesting is that they are offering a towbar as an option (according to the configurator on the Sokda website). While electric cars have lots of torque to tow with, from what I've seen a lot of manufacturers so far haven't bothered to homologate their models for towing in the UK.

Caporegime
I suspect a lot are avoiding homologation because they're expecting reviewers to shout 'OMG LOL 50 MILE RANGE WITH A CARAVAN' in a way that they never got excited about when said caravan made your diesel SUV return 25mpg.

It's the biggest weakpoint of an EV at the moment in many respects, people who tow are absolutely not the target market they want. You have a caravan so you can drive (slowly) 400 miles across the UK irritating people on the roads so you can sit in a field with other caravanists - this is something an EV is going to be beyond dreadful at currently.

Soldato
If they can do 100+ miles towing that's about right for stopping at a charge point for a wee and to clean up after the dog because the travel pills were not that effective. Even better when you get to your campsite with electric hookup you can have a fully charged car ready for the day's activities every day, then start the journey home on a full charge at the end of your break. It'll have the pulling power to reduce the risk of a caravan train on hilly roads too.

Associate
I hadn't thought of the benefit of an electric hook up at a caravan site, that's a good point. Wonder if someone from the Caravan Club will try and get one for a review?

(I don't have a Caravan, I use my towbar for bikes on a rack and towing my car on a trailer to race tracks)

Soldato
When will we see a proper revolution in design? Electric cars still look to much like ICE ones surely now is the opportunity to radically improve the aero dynamics for improved range/ efficiency with cars like this that are designed ground up as electric?

Physics gets in the way. Tesla and ID3 probably reinforce that.

What's interesting is that they are offering a towbar as an option (according to the configurator on the Sokda website). While electric cars have lots of torque to tow with, from what I've seen a lot of manufacturers so far haven't bothered to homologate their models for towing in the UK.

a lot have, just not to a significant Hitch load. Polestar 2 is at 1500kg. Things like bike racks, trailers and wheelie bins in Holland rather than caravans.

Soldato
I hadn't thought of the benefit of an electric hook up at a caravan site, that's a good point. Wonder if someone from the Caravan Club will try and get one for a review?

(I don't have a Caravan, I use my towbar for bikes on a rack and towing my car on a trailer to race tracks)

Also missing a trick to layer the floor of the caravan with another 100kwh+ of batteries to double the car's range (or at least bring it back to what it is when not towing).

Oof, £50k for the long range one with a few options added, think I'd rather have the Model Y tbh...

Last edited:
Soldato
If they can do 100+ miles towing that's about right for stopping at a charge point for a wee and to clean up after the dog because the travel pills were not that effective. Even better when you get to your campsite with electric hookup you can have a fully charged car ready for the day's activities every day, then start the journey home on a full charge at the end of your break. It'll have the pulling power to reduce the risk of a caravan train on hilly roads too.

Problem is many hookups are limited to between 10 - 16 amps, how much does a car charger draw?

It's no good if you can't even take a **** because flushing the toilet trips the electric due to the car pushing the hookup to the limit.

Soldato
Problem is many hookups are limited to between 10 - 16 amps, how much does a car charger draw?

It's no good if you can't even take a **** because flushing the toilet trips the electric due to the car pushing the hookup to the limit.

32A is max for AC single phase 7kW. But it will charge at 13A granny leads. What toilet do you have that uses electricity? :confused:

Guess if it’s a problem you could always go on a proper holiday? :p:D

Last edited:
Soldato
32A is make for AC single phase 7kW. But it will charge at 13A granny leads. What toilet do you have that uses electricity? :confused:

One with an electric flush, it uses a pump, it runs off the battery but any usage triggers the 240v charger to keep the battery topped up. Bearing in mind there is already a 240v fridge freezer running, 240v water heater to keep a 60L tank hot, depending on time of year you may also be running the heating up to 2kw or the air conditioning, then you have appliances on top.

It's pretty easy to trip the electric on site without having a car on charge.

Back
Top Bottom