Skoda Finance awful experience

Soldato
I had my Octavia VRS on a personal lease with an option to buy direct from Skoda with Skoda finance. I decided at a year old the car was not for me and I wanted to hand it back early and not buy the car. All was good and the settlement paid and the car was inspected and collected with comments on how immaculate it was etc etc. I had signed paperwork stating this and also took a nice selection of time stamped photos for my own reference.

2 weeks on I get a letter in the post with a bill attached for £475 for excess mileage. All details on the letter are correct so it's definitely for this car. I call them and explain that the car only had 5800 miles on it and was well below the 14,875 they were quoting. I explained I had the collections and inspection report showing this. They apologised and said it was a mistake and I thought nothing of it.

Two days later I get another letter in the post with a bill attached for £365 this time for a missing service history with the car. I call again and explain that the car has no service history as it is not due for a service for another 12 months. Again they apologise and say it was an error on their part.

Now today I receive another letter in the post with another bill attached for £476 in refurbishment costs. So I call them again and make it clear that I have had enough of this now and someone is taking the biscuit. They say that the bill was raised but then a credit applied to my account to clear the amount. When I queried why this had ben raised in the first place I was told "That it and the previous charges are automatically raised to protect their asset"...

I was pretty fuming tbh I imagine if a company would have received these bills they would have been sent to the finance department and just paid.

So in short if you lease from Skoda be careful when you give the car back as they are probably going to try and charge you or your company for made up stuff.....

I'm awaiting the next bill saying the car had a wheel missing or something just as silly tbh.

We returned a Mercedes C-class at the end of three years to finish a lease, all signed off by the finance guys and mechanics at the dealership. All good until my bank said I'd gone overdrawn by £15K as they had made a payment to Mercedes Finance on our behalf!!!!!

It took several weeks to get things sorted and although we had all charges refunded we only got £50 compensation. I suppose it was 'nice' of the bank to'lend' us £15K without question !!!

Back
Top Bottom