Skoda

Soldato
New car, some pics :)

img4506ry.jpg

img4508dd.jpg

img4509ol.jpg

img4511b.jpg

img4513j.jpg

Tried to be fancy.. just ended up with a big lump of gate post ;)

img4512cw.jpg

Two previous owners, 58k Miles, FSH. Body work is pretty much immaculate as is the interior. Was quite pleased when i went to see it and saw a Forge Intercooler on it. Got it home and also found a Forge 007P (Recirc Valve) and a couple of silicone hoses too.

Not much in the way of plans. Would like a new exhaust and then a remap. Possibly new wheels (although may just refurb these, undecided yet) and some decent lowering springs/shocks.

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Nice, how much?

I paid £3600 for it. Compared to other ones i had viewed (people wanting PX's for my Mondeo) its a bit overpriced, however they were all really tatty, this one was worlds apart from them all.

It took weeks of waiting/searching but i'm very pleased that i didn't impulse buy.

Soldato
OP
Why would someone go to the expensive of putting a Forge FMIC on (they aren't cheap) and then not spend the few hundred quid on getting it mapped?

Strange :p

The previous owners address was on the reciept for the Intercooler so I had a look on BT's website, found his number and gave him a call.

Nice chap and was pleased I called (I think!). He said a remap was next on his list but he saw the car he has now at the garage I purchased the vRS from and PX'd it in on an impulse buy!

Soldato
OP
Can the pickup pipe be swapped on its own? Searching the net seems to just come up with pump and pipe together.

Oil was changed just before i got the car but i'm going to do it again just for peace of mind.

Soldato
OP
Ah righty. Is the mouting points for it difficult to access or something? One would assume you remove the sump and the pickup pipe will be there staring at you?

Can't find any guides to remove/replace or clean online...

Soldato
OP
I may well refurb them yet. I have a full size spare and of the 5 wheels, 2 of them are beginning to corrode quite considerably.

I'm getting wed next year so expensive thing (I.E wheel refurb) are on hold for the time being. It's going to cost £200+ for a good refurb, I may just add the extra outlay and get some BBS CH ZOMG Reps.

:)

Soldato
OP
It's just the outer lips that are a pain, I've bought a small brush just to get in the areas that the sponge can't manage!

There are a couple of sellers out there that are reputable for a good quality replica wheel, I'm still not fully decided yet, it won't be until next year anyway, for the time being I'm going to experiment on my spare with some plastidip :)

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;20303101 said:
Genuine BBS CH are not expensive anyway are they? I can see the reason people go for fakes when they want LM's given they are completely ridiculous money (£3k or so) for a set but CH's don't seem to be that much more pricey than any other quality wheel.

Cheapest I can see (brief search) is £1300 with tyres. When you see replicas out there for £400-£450 with Tyres it's tempting just to go with the reps.

/edit - seen a set for £800.

Soldato
OP
Looks nice. And reminds me how dirty mine is looking right now! Yay for black.

I can't agree with black cars. I viewed 3 or 4 black Octavia vRS's and the body work really let them down. I don't expect 8-9 year old cars to be like new but they were just down right tatty :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Small update but not many decent pics yet.

The wheels were suffering quite severely with corrosion. Last week i suffered two flats (one tyre binned) because the bead was broken due to the corroded/flakey paint. I really wanted some BBS CH replicas but i decided to stick as close to original as possible. They've now been powdercoated in "Course Metallic Silver", basically silver with LOADS of metallic flakes.

Whilst they were being done i gave the beige/cream wheel nut covers a few coats of gloss black. Have also replaced the centre caps as the original alloy ones were corroded.

383369_10150542659792588_695617587_10584646_568620304_n.jpg

376449_10150542683512588_695617587_10584672_545422956_n.jpg

I've also fitted some Blue Vision Front Sidelights (basically blue when off, nice and white when lit). I could have had LED's but they are a bit too close to the headlight bulbs for my liking and i won't be fitting HID's so wanted them to match nicely.

On the subject of LED's i have fitted some white LED's to my rear number plate lights and the interior light, freshens it up a bit and the seats (white centres) looks lovely at night when lit up by them.

I've also had the rear windows tinted in a Dark Smoke colour. A little bit for me but mainly for the kids, i HATE sun blinds and these were done by a friend of a friend for a very good price :)

Thats about all for now. I'll try and get some better pics up :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I paid £310 for all 5 wheels to be done. Same day service too. Some might say it was a little pricey but i wanted the job doing right first time, i've had 2 previous sets of wheels done with the same company too.

I did the nut covers myself with some Wilko Gloss Black paint. Cost about £2-£3 a tin and you only need one. No need for primer, just clean them with some soapy water, dry them and give them 3-4 coats each. Its a bit fiddly as where your little removal tool grabs the lip of them needs to be thoroughly coated too as you can see them when fitted to the car, i just popped each one on my finger, spun around as i painted the lip and lower part and then put back on the floor to finish the rest of them off!

Very poor phone pic...

78cc3529.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah thats the process mine went through.

I think Silver (with the metallic flake) looks pretty good. I'd have liked another colour but played around with some photoshops and it just looked a bit out of place.

I'm happy now they are up to scratch, they were terrible before.. really corroded! They look much fresher with the new centre caps and nut covers too.

Soldato
OP
Plastidip would be good to test on your spare wheel? Thats what i was planning to do but when i got a couple of flat tyres i decided a full refurb was the only way.

Soldato
OP
I thought about buying some and trying the front grill but i think it looks pretty good as it is!

The Octavia doesn't really seem to 'need' or 'lend its self', as someone else commented, to much in the way of exterior changes!

Back
Top Bottom