Sky Fibre Optic

Caporegime
On hols at the m
Anyone got a number where I can actually talk to someone at sky?

Phone line has died so no broadband and all I get when calling support is this stupid text messaging support. Been over an hour and not even past confirming account details, it's ridiculous.
On holiday at the moment but was told before I left if you ignore the prompts completely and don't respond at all you'll eventually get to someone.

Soldato
Thanks guy, still stuck in a text loop. Something which would have taken 30 mins on the phone / live chat has been going on for nearly 24 hours.

My number isn't registered to the account but will try calling again when the account holder gets home.

Soldato
someone flattened my street cabinet 2 sundays ago, it came back the following wednesday but since then the cabinet has been running on batteries, meaning it goes down twice a day for a battery swap. Awaiting the power feed to be reconnected now.

Associate
Hi MissChief, you've helped me in the past, where I had issues with Sky, which was greatly Appreciated, this time a new problem has arisen, the speed has dropped down from 37-38 to 29-30ish, with the ping fluctuating, so I called sky and they said the speed was OK from the exchange to the property, and they come to a conclusion it might be the micro filter which I got yesterday and it did not fix the problem.

called again today, and said they have to send out a engineer, but because my contract is out of terms, I would have to pay £65 for the engineer call out, or if I take out a new contract it will be free, and not sure about taking out the new contract, I felt the adviser from a Bulgarian call center was tying to mug me off,

So I asked to speak to a UK adviser/supervisor, and he told me I would have to phone back again, with the chance of me getting connected to a UK call center, or a different one in the world, so I was not happy and asked to speak to he's supervisor, and he said the supervisor will say the same thing as him,
and replied your reading from a script, and was not really interested in helping me, just trying to make me change contract,
and would prefer someone who don't have a script, so was put through eventually to the supervisor, and she came to the conclusion that I was using my old original white router and open reach modem, and will send me a new all in one black router/modem for free, so if this don't work, could look into this me, I ll keep you posted m8 thanks.

Caporegime
called again today, and said they have to send out a engineer, but because my contract is out of terms, I would have to pay £65 for the engineer call out, or if I take out a new contract it will be free, and not sure about taking out the new contract, I felt the adviser from a Bulgarian call center was tying to mug me off,

There's no way I would be putting up with that. I'd tell them to bugger off and you'll go back to BT.

Soldato
There's no way I would be putting up with that. I'd tell them to bugger off and you'll go back to BT.

I was told the same even though as far as I was aware I'm still in contract (12 months free line rental) but they insist I'm not and have to pay.

Going to switch to virgin instead as the line has issues and speed has dropped to 20 from 33.

Caporegime
Other than the incorrect charge (49 instead of £65) that's correct, but if an external fault is found then the charge would be refunded or the contract waived.

Soldato
You have to give Sky credit they do their best with the limitations that are placed not them by Openreach. Nothing but praise for Sky overall as a company with regards to content, quality of product and customiser service. It is just their pricing which annoys me :p

Soldato
How does sky compare to Virgin internet.

Currently have VM broadband on 100 speed and also use my own router.

Just wondered how Sky's top fibre package is? Main thing is how good is the sky router? has it got decent range and reliable, be great to lose my own router if the Sky hub is up to it.

I also stream Netflix 4k.

Thank's

Caporegime
I would pay a bit more and get the Sky Q hub as that is supposedly better at wireless than the older black hub. But you only get 2 ethernet ports instead of 4.

As for speed, I connect at 70Mbits and get 8MB/sec from Steam and PSN. Xbox is a bit slower but that seems to be a problem with Xbox Live or the console itself rather than Sky.

Soldato
I would pay a bit more and get the Sky Q hub as that is supposedly better at wireless than the older black hub. But you only get 2 ethernet ports instead of 4.

As for speed, I connect at 70Mbits and get 8MB/sec from Steam and PSN. Xbox is a bit slower but that seems to be a problem with Xbox Live or the console itself rather than Sky.

Thank's , is range good on the Q hub.

Caporegime

Q Hub is now standard across all fibre products.

Caporegime
So as an existing customer, how do I get one for nowt? My contract ended Dec 16 - would I be better ringing up and negotiating a new, lower monthly price in exchange for a new contract and a Sky Q hub? :p

Back
Top Bottom