Sky Fibre Optic

OK, Fibre installed.

My stats are 36.0mbps / 8.90mbps, this is with checking with Speedtest.net, is this the best way to check and how do I check my actual stats on the router?

I want my full 40Mbps :(

That's it dude.
I think I get around 38mbps, but unless you have bought the ftcc to show off your speedtest.net benchmark, you won't even notice the missing 2Mbps.

That's it dude.
I think I get around 38mbps, but unless you have bought the ftcc to show off your speedtest.net benchmark, you won't even notice the missing 2Mbps.

Well now at 30Mbps, what the hell :(

I'll give it a few days, even though I don't think I need to ?

Edit, now 25.....

Edit # 2, now 10...............

Last edited:
I think most of the time the connection speed is 39.99Mbps, however, what we are interested in is the actual throughput.

I remember when I had the 56k connection - your connection speed is not the actual speed at which you can upload or download.

OK, Fibre installed.

My stats are 36.0mbps / 8.90mbps, this is with checking with Speedtest.net, is this the best way to check and how do I check my actual stats on the router?

I want my full 40Mbps :(

Thats as good as it will get. You will be synced at 40Mbps, but you have to allow for transmission overheads.

Hi All

Had my install today - engineer came when i was out - so my in laws let him drill the white openreach router to the skirting :eek:

Anyways - I used to get 5-6mb on sky llu . Now getting 28mb on day one , so will have to see if it improves.

How can I find out my sync rate ?

R

Mehul

Screenshot?

Capture-13.jpg

So I don't create another thread, anyone advise why my router doesn't see my homeplug?

Plug it in and the number doesn't light up.

Last edited:
that is the router downstream connection which will be 39999 because you've got 40mbps internet

i believe you need to get the max attainable rate from the modem, not router, which is done by fiddling with the OR modem

I'm after a little help if anyone can.

I had Sky Fibre installed yesterday and it works great on my laptop ~15ft from the modem/router. I get 37/7.5 from a speedtest. It also works on my phone, yet the speedtest there says 3/8 which is really odd?

Secondly, it does not work at all for either my Xbox or desktop machine. I can connect to the router, but I get no internet access for either. The Xbox test says there's a problem resolving DNS. I can see both devices in the 'attached devies' listing in the router admin, but they won't connect to the net at all.

I've gone through the settings and haven't a clue what's up with this.

This is all via wireless connections btw.

Secondly, it does not work at all for either my Xbox or desktop machine. I can connect to the router, but I get no internet access for either. The Xbox test says there's a problem resolving DNS. I can see both devices in the 'attached devies' listing in the router admin, but they won't connect to the net at all.

See if a static IP works.

Hasn't helped. I now have the laptop sitting right next to the desktop and the laptop works (as I'm posting this) yet the desktop refuses to do anything. It's got to be a config problem?

*edit*
Hmmm. Seems to be down to poor wireless reception. Just moved the router next to the desktop and it connected to the admin tool instantly. Couldn't go online though as there's no phone socket next to the machine.

Doesn't make sense though as the laptop still works when next to the desktop. I guess the wifi card in the main PC is a bit naff.

I'm connected at 4.7/6.2 with about 40% packet loss :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom