Sky Fibre Optic

Associate
Well today's my installation date, I've got a morning slot so hopefully the engineer will be here soon. I've booked the day off work so he'd better turn up!
I'm gonna nip out and buy some trunking i think because I really need to do something about these wires. I've got network cable everywhere!!

Associate
Man it frustrates me so much to know my exhange has been enabled for about a month now but I still have no news on my cab..

They have been digging up the street outside my house for past two weeks and have put upa new pilon but dont know if thats for BT or something else...

Come on God Dammit..!!!! I need faster prawn download speeds.

Associate
I don't believe this! BT Openreach just called to say they've cancelled y appointment for installation and that i should call Sky to re-arrange for another date. All this after I've waited ll morning, booking all day off work, and my existing Internet connection being disconnected this morning too. I'm currently on the phone to Sky trying to find out what's going on. I'm fuming to say the least.

Currently posting this on my phone.:mad:

Associate
RESULT! well hopefully, just got a ring from the BT engineer, he's just sortin out the connection from CAB, and then he's coming to my premises. Looks like he doesnt know it's been cancelled, hence why I kept my mouth shut!:D

I told him I'll put the kettle on for when he gets here. Hopefully he doesn't get a call from his bosses telling him to cancel. Fingers crossed eh?

Associate
well he's just been and gone, fortunately, he didnt experience any problems.
Quite pleased now with the results, after the initial headache. Speedtest below:)

Before
2002194014.png

After
2002663743.png

Soldato
Anyone know how accurate the RFS dates are on the SamKnows website? My exchange's date has been brought forward from 30/09 to 01/09. Would be great to know if it is likely to remain on target.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
How can you tell if pro is available in your area?

I think it's available to everyone. Give 'em a ring.

Anyone know how accurate the RFS dates are on the SamKnows website? My exchange's date has been brought forward from 30/09 to 01/09. Would be great to know if it is likely to remain on target.

There's no guarantee. You need to keep an eye on your local cab as well as the exchange.

http://fttc-check.alc.im/
https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/s...unity/Coverage/ADSL_Availibility_Checker.html

Back
Top Bottom