Sky HD channels - numbers?

Caporegime
Does anyone know of a way to change what channel is what number?

Like having BBC One HD as 101, instead of 143, and ITV HD as 103 etc etc?

Soldato
Nope!

They are fixed.:mad:

Blame OFCOMs, it's code of practice, Sky would fall foul of the current EPG regulations.

Only way I get around it by using favourites, your question has been raised many times before on the sky forums over the years.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sky did ask channel owners if they wanted to move.their HD channels to take prominence over their SD versions and many did so, such as ITV 2, 3 & 4 HD but BBC one HD declined due to the number of regional variations amd local news not being shown on BBC HD.

Soldato
Freesat also doesn't let you re-order channels. Only Freeview does, AFAIK, and even that isn't possible on all set top boxes. Obviously if you have an HTPC you can do what you like - I have channels 1-5 as BBC One HD, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four and BBC HD.

Associate
Nope!

They are fixed.:mad:

Blame OFCOMs, it's code of practice, Sky would fall foul of the current EPG regulations.

Only way I get around it by using favourites, your question has been raised many times before on the sky forums over the years.

thats a bit ****, if you own the box you should be able to choose what is where

Soldato
Uchhh so that's a no then. That sucks because even though I've got them set on favs it's still a bit of a pain.

I was just about to say "just save them as favs" IIRC, you can select which channel you actually want to display so you could just replace SD with the HD ones, It's in the settings somewhere

Caporegime
This is why Sky changed all the HD channels round with their SD versions.

So Sky 1 HD became 106 etc.. because some people are just too lazy to find the right HD station and just watch it in SD instead.

Associate
yeah - i know that but you can't record it or pause it using that method. It's pathetic really

Fair point. I only use it whenever there's a football match on ITV. The difference in the SD and HD feeds is massive.

Also, the wife says that some people shouldn't be shown in HD (shows like Emmerdale and Coronation St.) so maybe its a good thing :D

Back
Top Bottom