Sky high rental prices?

Soldato
Is it me or are rental prices still sky high?

Been looking for a 2 bed in Manchester/Greater Manchester, everywehre, Salford, Stockport, Oldham, Sale, Didsbury, Cheadle, Gatley, Wythenshawe and there isn't much going, and what is available seems to be a very low standard for £750 - £800 a month.

My ideal place would be a 2 bed house with a cellar I use utilise as a man cave, a garden with a shed I can do bike tinkering in, just seems like the houses are all in really shady areas or very bad standard.

Soldato
OP
We're looking for somewhere near to the tram or train really, I wouldn't mind staying in salford quays but there just isn't much available. Open to flats and houses, currently 1 bed flat in media city, I work in Chorlton currently but usually work in Piccadilly Place near the station so very central.

Soldato
OP
Ah nice, whereabouts? I live in Chorlton, and didn't think there was many "businesses" around - it seems to be mostly shops / solicitors / barbers & salons etc.

That sounds quite cheap for the area. A 3 bed house on our road has just been rented out for £1400, and we're about 7-8 min walk from Beech Road.

Beech Road is a nice area (right on the doorstep of a number of bars/cafe's), but it's just so cramped in. Practically zero garden space, as it's mostly terraced they're also 'front-door-to-pavement' so heavily reliant on on-street parking. The houses are also relatively small, but obviously everyone pays the inflated price just for the area.

I work in Barclays, but I'm not branch based I just use it as a base until the actual offices in the city center are open again.

I'm a bit averse to these houses straight onto pavement, from a security perspective but also the noise of everything that may go past.

Soldato
OP
It's so depressing.

The other worry for me is some of the places I find look nice, but I'm just unsure of the area.

The GF would have to walk to public transport and will have a baby in a year or so, and it's like the worry if it's a bad area imagine if some undesirables approached her and the baby.

The GF seems to think the city center is the most dangerous place but in my mind it's not, it's built up, well lit, busy, Angel meadows there is a park and an upcoming community I suppose.

I used to live in the green quarter as a student and a few years into working life, I've also lived in Moss Side and someone got shot around the corner, lived in the middle of the curry mile (just off it) and down Ordsall Lane opposed a rowdy pub.

The best places to me are Salford Quays or city center so far.

Didsbury would be a dream especially near the center or parrs wood.

Back
Top Bottom