SKY in MCE

Soldato
Right, here is my question. Before I set up my HTPC I used to be able to "watch" sky on the tv in all rooms around the house via a normal coaxil cable. Since building the PC running MCE 2005 I find it can tune into all the freeview channels fine, but can't pick up the signal being sent by Sky. BAsically I don't want to record it, or get the EPG guide working on it or anything like that. Just straight forward pick up the signal from the coaxil and watch it.

Anybody got any ideas on this? My tv card is the BlackGold Freeview tuner card :) Cheers in advance everyone.

MarkyMark said:
Right, here is my question. Before I set up my HTPC I used to be able to "watch" sky on the tv in all rooms around the house via a normal coaxil cable. Since building the PC running MCE 2005 I find it can tune into all the freeview channels fine, but can't pick up the signal being sent by Sky. BAsically I don't want to record it, or get the EPG guide working on it or anything like that. Just straight forward pick up the signal from the coaxil and watch it.

Anybody got any ideas on this? My tv card is the BlackGold Freeview tuner card :) Cheers in advance everyone.

That would be nobody then :(

*BUMPAGE* all the same :p

Cheers for the replies everyone. I have been digging around on google for quite a while now :) ONe thing I still don't get though is that my TV card is a digital card right. And it takes the Digital channels for the freeview from the Coax, the same one that carries the sky signal. So if both sources are actually digital i.e. Sky digital and freeview then I don't understand why Sky can't be detected but freeview can. I realise that my Blackgold tv card is a digital one and that the coax is an analogue, but how does it get one and not the other :confused:

I know there is going to be a really simple answer to the above but i'm having one of those stupid patches where even the obvious seems taxing :p

Cheers everyone.

Back
Top Bottom