Sky Netgear DG834 router problem

Associate
Hi,

I've recently moved into a new place and i'm having problems with the sky broadband... my PC wireless card (also netgear) can find and connect to the router and says i have 108Mbs but whenever i open a browser (tried firefox, explorer and safari) i get the "cannot display page" message.... other ppl in the house have no problems at all - any ideas??

Cheers

Associate
OP
I did that msn connect - test thing ... didnt get me anywhere...
I've been trying to access the interface, but the user i.d (Admin) and password (password) arent working - even after i pressed the reset button... i got them from the online manual.

Associate
OP
I'm getting the log-in prompt but cant seem to get past it

I've been using the username: admin
and password: password

as stated in the online user manual. but no joy. i pressed the reset button (several times) but doesnt make any difference.....

my friend had a problem of an intermittent signal with his and we logged in no problem.... but we used a cable... do you think i'll need to get a cable and do it that way?

how do i "ping" the router?

Associate
OP
Can access the interface..... but when i do the router ping test i get 100% failure....
i can connect with good strength but my browsers keep giving error pages...

any other ideas?

Associate
OP
I'm using Sygate firewall..... i used to be wireless ages ago - i was linking to a Belking router - then i changed to ethernet connection....

i'll try the incryption thing... at work now though :(

Back
Top Bottom