*** Sky Q Thread ***

Man of Honour
OP
The wait continues as what we've been told again today is "Customers with other broadband providers will then be able to place orders and get their installation in the coming weeks".

So don't hold your breath...

Man of Honour
OP
Sky Q (Sky Forums):

Just been to Grimsby Sky kiosk to get a SkyQ demo. Instead of getting the demo all I got was pushing of Sky broadband, which I can't get in fibre. Was then told other ISPs will no longer be able to get it in a few weeks, it is now Christmas 2017! Is this correct or b******t? My current Samsung box is dying and needs rebooting at least once a week and the remote lag is nearly every time it is used. Don't want to pay for new box as hoping SkyQ will be available soon

Man of Honour
OP
Order is in for April 8th. :D

ordered this morning delivery 6th April

Just seen this on the Sky Forum:

Non Sky Broadband customers can only order over the phone for the time being.

The first installs will begin on the 12th of April. I'm aware there are a few who have been provided with an earlier date and we'll be in touch shortly with these individuals to advise further.

Thanks,

Kei
Community Manager

So we may go back a few days.

Man of Honour
OP
Firmware being updated for non Sky broadband users:

Q001.003.2​1.21L

•This release contains stability fixes relating to third party broadband routers.
•Note: A third party broadband provider is a broadband provider other than Sky.
•Firmware added to download stream: Monday 11th April 2016

Non Sky broadband installations starting this week so if anyone is getting theirs this week let us know how it went?

Man of Honour
OP
Wait till you have to reset the mini boxes everyday, you will be wanting your old system back. every night this week I have had to reset the whole system to get a signal to the mini boxes, I now have a sky bloke(won't call him an engineer) coming out on Saturday and I'm going to insist he connects them by power line because the wireless doesn't work properly.

This is running from the Sky Q Hub?

Man of Honour
OP
Wow, just came into the thread as I thought Sky Q was still for Sky internet customers only. Pleasantly surprised to see all can have it. Just gone on the sky site and ordered it. Coming on Thursday :D

Sky Q silver
Sky Mini
£149

That was quick! Can't have many takers in your area.

Back
Top Bottom