*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
Been offered the 60% offer already via interactive! But wanting to upgrade to Q boxes. Does that 60% offer only apply to my old setup of HD boxes or can it transfer to upgraded Q boxes?

You watch! When we come to renew in about 5 months or so these offers would have dried up!

Soldato
Been offered the 60% offer already via interactive! But wanting to upgrade to Q boxes. Does that 60% offer only apply to my old setup of HD boxes or can it transfer to upgraded Q boxes?

The 60% will get applied if you go and upgrade to Q (once you've accepted the offer).

Soldato
They offered the 60% offer....Its on a rolling month contract so no 12 month contract and can upgrade to Q anytime. Although they say the 60% doesn't apply to Q seeing as its a HD service?

Soldato
They offered the 60% offer....Its on a rolling month contract so no 12 month contract and can upgrade to Q anytime. Although they say the 60% doesn't apply to Q seeing as its a HD service?

The 60% won't apply to absolutely every element of Q (HS and Sports are often excluded from the offer I think?). But, it will definitely bring your Q price down substantially. I currently have Q with 3 mini boxes, Box Sets and Sports all in HD for £37 a month.

Soldato
Thats correct Basher. (Ps thanks for all your help mate)
Thats a great price, did you have to pay the £199 Q installation fee/for boxes...

Last edited:
Soldato
Just called Sky as the 60% offer is now showing but as I'm on SKY+ the guy said the 60% didn't apply to Sky Q as it was new, and that there was no offers currently for Sky Q for existing customers and I'd have to pay full price, told him I'd let it cancel and his reply was "OK?" so the phone promptly went down :)

Soldato
Just called Sky as the 60% offer is now showing but as I'm on SKY+ the guy said the 60% didn't apply to Sky Q as it was new, and that there was no offers currently for Sky Q for existing customers and I'd have to pay full price, told him I'd let it cancel and his reply was "OK?" so the phone promptly went down :)

My 50% applied to Q when I upgraded.

Soldato
That's exactly what I did and I have 50% off Sky Q in the new house.

So the guy on the phone was clueless in that case, I'll call back tomorrow again

What dept was you talking to (moving home or retention's or..??)

Thanks for this Basher

EDIT: Did you have to pay for a BT line to be installed? Sure its £120 as there is only Virgin there now (in laws) although I could go with BT infinity for the phone line and fibre

Soldato
So the guy on the phone was clueless in that case, I'll call back tomorrow again

What dept was you talking to (moving home or retention's or..??)

Thanks for this Basher

I cancelled on Live Chat then accepted the 50% offer online. I then phoned the moving house people who said just plug it in and it'll all work. Finally, I upgraded to Q online and it just applied my discount to Q and scheduled the installation for the new home.

Back
Top Bottom