*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
I guess the only potential downside to doing it this was would be that you discount is valid for 12 months and a new Q upgrade would be for 18 so that would be 6 months at full price?

Man of Honour
I guess the only potential downside to doing it this was would be that you discount is valid for 12 months and a new Q upgrade would be for 18 so that would be 6 months at full price?
It's the multiroom that's 18 months, but yes this can happen. Although that's not to say you can't add any more offers at the end of the 12 months.

Associate
It's the multiroom that's 18 months, but yes this can happen. Although that's not to say you can't add any more offers at the end of the 12 months.

Ah I didn't realise that, I thought all base Q packages were 18 month contracts. I had also assumed that because I would still be in contract Sky wouldn't do anything to continue any discount knowing I am tied in for another 6 months.

Man of Honour
After 12 months it will revert to full price as the discount will be applied to the viewing package. What discounts are available after that point are anyone's guess.

I cancelled at the 12 month point into a 18 months Q contract and I managed to do so FOC. Now after a complaint I'm back at 60% off for 12 months. Search my posts in here to see how it worked out.

Associate
Let me know how you get on chrisstevens if you could :)

ChrisD - I think the 60% offer states if the package changes at all the discount will be removed - whether they'd actually do that or not is a different question. Not sure if Sky Q would constitute a package change?

Edit:
Oops apologies hadn't spotted next page. darknite, was that just now on online chat or?

Associate
Let me know how you get on chrisstevens if you could :)

ChrisD - I think the 60% offer states if the package changes at all the discount will be removed - whether they'd actually do that or not is a different question. Not sure if Sky Q would constitute a package change?

Edit:
Oops apologies hadn't spotted next page. darknite, was that just now on online chat or?

On the upgrades page. Tweak your package. I currently have boxsets at £15.20 a month. Adding multi room makes it £27.20.

Associate
The offer page seems to contradict itself:

"If your current Sky+ TV Bundle isn't right for you, you can use your offer to switch to one of our other TV Bundles. You'll just need to Live Chat with an advisor to do this."
"You will lose the discount if you change packages during your minimum term."

As soon as my account goes back to normal then I'll have a look at what upgrades are available. I don't have a requirement for multiroom(not at £12 a month) so I'd be looking at just the single Q box

Associate
On the upgrades page. Tweak your package. I currently have boxsets at £15.20 a month. Adding multi room makes it £27.20.

Doh assumed the upgrades page would come after the retention option... but ended up recommitting on existing package. Might try go online-chat and see if I can get a Sky Q box thrown in the mix :)

Cheers for the help though chaps, much appreciated

Associate
Like others I'm on a 60% off TV deal, upgraded to Sky Q (installed last Monday) and have kept my 60% off. I got the Multiroom on 12 months via an LG promo so only 1 month of screwed up pricing if they don't want to offer me anything.

Associate
thanks, just looked and I have the 60% off plus £50 thing, dont want to click yet until I know what it entails, anyone fill me in as its not totally clear

Associate
clicked the link and it said call in, called in and wummin on the phone in billing said they have never heard of this offer before!!!!! unbelievable.

P.S is it only me who cannot see anywhere under MY SKY when your contract terminates? list of bills only does 12 mths at a time, billing wummin hadnt a clue either. Give me strength.

Caporegime
Why would the tell you when your contract ends? That would just encourage people to cancel or ask for discounts. Sky want you to pay full price. Every business does.

Soldato
Why would the tell you when your contract ends? That would just encourage people to cancel or ask for discounts. Sky want you to pay full price. Every business does.
It's easy to find out with phone contracts when the deal expires, it should be the same for Sky. Delivering great service is how you secure customers at good renewal rates, not hiding information.

Caporegime
It's easy to find out with phone contracts when the deal expires, it should be the same for Sky. Delivering great service is how you secure customers at good renewal rates, not hiding information.

True, but a mobile network wants you to re-contract and there's always an upgrade that people want. Not so with Sky. That's why so many offers come with a new contract term with Sky.

Associate
because thats how a contract works, all information is known and agreed by both parties. I still have months to go and they offer (wrongly) 60% discount for another 12 mths.

Caporegime
because thats how a contract works, all information is known and agreed by both parties. I still have months to go and they offer (wrongly) 60% discount for another 12 mths.

Everyone gets told how long the contract is when they sign up. Same as they get told how long the offer they've taken is for too. If someone asks, sure, we'll tell you, but we don't go sending everyone who signs up a letter saying 'Oh BTW, your contract/The offer you took has finished' because it prompts people to look for more offers or cancel. You do realise the intention of a business is to supply goods and/or services at a charge with the intention to make a profit, right?

Back
Top Bottom