*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
Just cancel in your name and set up with your partners name if possible, change the address slightly when ordering that's what I did.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Just cancel in your name and set up with your partners name if possible, change the address slightly when ordering that's what I did.
Indeed, standard practice with sky, they dont appear to vet the details to any great extent (or more likely, they dont care).

It is quite annoying that you constantly have to play games with them in order to achieve a reasonable price, though. Every year it is the same nonsense charade with them.

Associate
Indeed, standard practice with sky, they dont appear to vet the details to any great extent (or more likely, they dont care).

It is quite annoying that you constantly have to play games with them in order to achieve a reasonable price, though. Every year it is the same nonsense charade with them.

Yep, I am about to go back to my account which has been inactive for 12 months but they told me just to set up as a new customer to get the discounts.

I also cancelled my VM BB and phone and then had a call from the sales team and without prompting they said i should cancel mine and sign up in my wife's name for their services as well to get new customer discounts.

Associate
Is it better to talk to SKY by phone when trying to get a new deal or by chat?

I'm out of contract and on both TV and broad band and the best they offered me on Saturday was £64 for fiber, box sets and talk anytime. Currently paying £84, virgin have also just come on our estate after 12 years and have offered me the fullhouse bundle plus all sports and movies and 200mb broad band for £70, I would rather stay with sky, but do you think I could get a better offer, also just noticed they are doing 50% on all packages for new customers.

Man of Honour
You're better off just cancelling fully which you need to ring them for, a few days after you cancel you'll have a come back to Sky 60% off offer in your Sky account. You won't lose services as you'll be in your 30 days notice.

I really think this info needs pinning to the first post as it's asked every other page and it's always the same answer.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
^you can just cancel over live chat rather than calling them, i have done it this way the last couple of times.

Tip to get the charade over a little bit quicker; I have found that if you say that you are emigrating rather than anything to do with price, you bypass the retention's nonsense.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I've only ever cancelled on live chat; no time for the phone nonsense and as Jez said, make it a reason that means there's no way you can stay otherwise the chat will be 45-60minutes.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Indeed, my standard one is to say emigrating to a random country. They then proceed immediately to the cancellation date etc.

Associate
You're better off just cancelling fully which you need to ring them for, a few days after you cancel you'll have a come back to Sky 60% off offer in your Sky account. You won't lose services as you'll be in your 30 days notice.

I really think this info needs pinning to the first post as it's asked every other page and it's always the same answer.

Well I have canceled both the TV and broad band, now wait and see if I getting anything.

Last edited:
Associate
Well I managed to get a good deal in the end, 60% off my Sky TV package. Includes boxsets, movies and sports, half price unlimited fibre and line rental and standard price for weekend and evening calls.

All for £53 for 12 months :)

Associate
Not bad at all w00dy :)

Does anyone have experience of trying this with BT Broadband btw? I've got Infinity2 atm and seeing lots of offers to get same speed BB cheaper elsewhere. Also keeps dropping the internet connection randomly recently :(

Man of Honour
Ring them up and see? But with cashback via topcashback etc it may be better to switch to PlusNet.

Dropping out is most likely a HomeHub issue.

Associate
Not bad at all w00dy :)

Does anyone have experience of trying this with BT Broadband btw? I've got Infinity2 atm and seeing lots of offers to get same speed BB cheaper elsewhere. Also keeps dropping the internet connection randomly recently :(

I've not had any experience with BT. Sounds like if your getting a lot a drop outs, may be time to move to another provider.

Back
Top Bottom