*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
We never got any offers appearing anywhere (both online and via the box) so after 11 years the contract expires on Thursday. Now TV box is set up and running and costing us £5 pcm instead of £80 and whilst I've lost sky sports I'm pretty sure I can manage via the sky go route on my 30" Dell screen in the office.

Soldato
Just cancelled Sky! I was paying £51 for everything and was offered £84...Decided to cancel as I set myself a £70 limit...The cancellation has gone through not sure if I'll get a call with a better deal, the guy on the phone said I was offered a 50% off deal...decided to hold out for a 60% not sure if I'm been foolish or not?

Anyone been through this and can offer advice? (this is my fist time with Sky)

Cheers

Just logged into Sky and I've got a 30% deal that runs out at 12:00 tomorrow...anyone know if offers keep on coming/changing?

Man of Honour
Our monthly SkyQ/Sky Sports/Phone Line/BB bill is going up from around £80pm to £110 next month and the best they said they can do is £99pm on an 18 month contract which is still more than we want to pay so I'll probably cancel unless they offer anything better.
If I do cancel what other suppliers should I be looking at in the meantime and would I need new cables etc run?
Don't really need super fast BB but do need Sky Sports :)

Associate
Our monthly SkyQ/Sky Sports/Phone Line/BB bill is going up from around £80pm to £110 next month and the best they said they can do is £99pm on an 18 month contract which is still more than we want to pay so I'll probably cancel unless they offer anything better.
If I do cancel what other suppliers should I be looking at in the meantime and would I need new cables etc run?
Don't really need super fast BB but do need Sky Sports :)

Cancelled sky this afternoon so In the same boat in a non virgin area.

Soldato
Just called up trying to negotiate a deal on a SkyQ upgrade and got absolutely nothing out of them :(

Just about to cancel and hope I get an offer before the cool off period ends. I don't really want to go to Virgin, but £90/month + £220 up front was taking the **** a bit.

Associate
Well I've had an absolute nightmare with sky today .
I cancelled my tv last month and also put my line rental and broadband into cancellation as well but then realised I had to stop the cancellation so I could go with another provider and get them to do an active line transfer so I could keep my number .
Rang up on Friday as I wanted to see what fibre deals they had in our area and it said I had spending upgrade so I phoned up to ask what it was and the advisor told me that my normal contract was still in place but looked like someone had put another order against my account for the 30th August .
He said he would open a support ticket and get it resolved and call me on Tuesday with a resolution .
No call yesterday as expected from Sky.
Get up this morning and notice no wifi so check downstairs and router showing no internet signal.
Phone sky again and explain what has happened and am told my account is active and to speak to the broadband technical team.
Got cut off whilst in the queue so rang tonight to be told that my account has been deactivated as my cancellation had accidentally gone through.
I then get transferred to another department and have to explain again as previous advisor hadn't put any notes on my account.
Go through it again and she just says that's very unfortunate but as I have no active sky account they can't offer me anything to make up for there error.
I ask to speak to her manager and she just says that she will tell me the same so I ask to speak to her anyway and am informed that she is busy training a member of staff . I insist on speaking to the manager and am informed I will get a callback in half an hour.
Finally get a call back and the manager was actually the most understanding and helpful person who I had spoke to and looked into the matter and verified that I had done everything right and all the logs where there to back up my claims and I had instructed sky to stop the cancellation etc.
She said 99% of the times it's human error that causes these types of issue but in this case it was a system error.
I explain that I understand that it may be an error but I am now left with a heavily pregnant wife with no landline as this has now been put back into the general mix as my account was closed so she is panicking and having to update her hospital and midwife etc with a new contact number which is causing her unneeded stress and will have no internet for 2 weeks at least if I stay with sky or possibly longer if I move to another provider and will also have line activation charges :(
To say sky have messed this up was an understatement but she said she will try and resolve the issue with her line manager tomorrow as she is now off until Sunday.
The ironic thing was I got rid of Sky Tv and was using Now Tv as always bargains on the codes or boxes for like £10-£15 for 3 months entertainment but I can't even use this now as no bloody internet.
My feeling towards sky customer service is official at an all time low lol

Associate
Finally cancelled sky for first time in 16 years and gone with a youview box bundle from plusnet. Began to realise just how little I actually use Sky channels when I have Netflix/Amazon - literally the only channel I would miss is Comedy Central which I will get with the new box.

Now will be paying less than half of what Sky wanted for everything in, phone, Tv and Fibre - even got the box and HD for free. :D

Associate
I'm considering going with Plusnet for fibre and getting a Now TV box for the rest. Entertainment pass and kids TV pass is £10 for the month. Would work out at £40 for phone, TV and broadband. £50 if I add movie pass now and then.

That's 12 months contract for fibre and obviously no contract for Now TV.

Last edited:
Soldato
Managed to get my mother-in-law 60% off TV, 50% off internet and a £25 credit in the end. Just wish I'd asked for a line rental discount but that may have been pushing it. :p

Associate
Managed to get my mother-in-law 60% off TV, 50% off internet and a £25 credit in the end. Just wish I'd asked for a line rental discount but that may have been pushing it. :p

How did you manage this? Mine is due to go off Saturday and literally offered me the same as you above 40% of tv and £25 credit but don't think it's good enough. Did you call? Thanks

Soldato
sky.com/stay50 is still working but there was a 60% version that I missed out on, I mentioned it on the live chat and the lady honoured it. I think it is partly just luck of the draw, some agents don't want to budge at all.

Soldato
Keep calling and trying. I was told 'no' by at least 5 different agents. Called late on a Friday, got all the discount I asked for. Seems to be complete luck of the draw and whether you treat them like a human being or not.

Soldato
I'm considering going with Plusnet for fibre and getting a Now TV box for the rest. Entertainment pass and kids TV pass is £10 for the month. Would work out at £40 for phone, TV and broadband. £50 if I add movie pass now and then.

That's 12 months contract for fibre and obviously no contract for Now TV.

You can buy 3 month entertainment passes for £15 which brings it to only £5 pcm

Back
Top Bottom