*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
Does anyone know if when taking the stay50 deal and cancelling Sky Sports (but keeping Box Sets) will result in losing all discount? I've got Sky Q and after the cheapest way to watch F1 in UHD (don't really care for anything else). I'm coming to the end of a 60% off 12 months where I had Box Sets and Sky Sports (but cancelled this when F1 season finished).

Soldato
Trust me it works on Sky Q ,you have to be either out of contract or have put your 31 days notice in

Assume this is just TV, how much extra is BBand? When I click on the offer I can select it, but there is no detail i.e I don't get to view how much I'll pay before I select?

I'm currently paying £88 for, Full TV, 80mg BBand and pay as you go TV (3 boxes) which is pretty good, but for the first year I paid £52, I'm on a 1 month rolling contract...

Cheers

Edit,

Just had a look at my bill and guessing its not worth me trying to get this deal? Sky Talk Line Rental is a bit steep compared to the rest of it, and given I've never used the phone...

22 Jan – 21 Feb
TV
£55.00
Box Sets
Including discounts
£19.00

Sky Sports - Complete Pack
Including discounts
£13.75

Sky Cinema
Including discounts
£4.25

Sky Sports HD
£6.00
HD Basic
FREE
Sky Q Multiscreen Pack
£12.00
Sky 3D
FREE

Broadband & Talk
£33.99
Sky Pay As You Talk
FREE
Sky Fibre Max
Including discounts
£15.00

Sky WiFi
FREE
Sky Talk Line Rental
£18.99

Bill total £88.99

Last edited:
Associate
Clck the link on here ,it got me the whole Sky Q ,multiroom ,sports.movies for £52 a month

this offer

We just had a go at trying this (have been out of contract for some time now), the link didn't allow us to take the deal and pointed us to Live Chat who would complete the offer. We were then told that they couldn't apply the offer as it's only for people signing back up to Sky who have already cancelled and they gave us a number to ring. The agent asked us to take a screenshot of their own website as they'd never heard of the deal but only offered a £12 discount on our £92 bill. I think we'll be phoning to cancel tomorrow and then hopefully take the 50% off deal.

@MissChief Can you confirm this is how the deal is supposed to work? We need to cancel our subscription to get the 50% discount? Many thanks

Associate
We just had a go at trying this (have been out of contract for some time now), the link didn't allow us to take the deal and pointed us to Live Chat who would complete the offer. We were then told that they couldn't apply the offer as it's only for people signing back up to Sky who have already cancelled and they gave us a number to ring. The agent asked us to take a screenshot of their own website as they'd never heard of the deal but only offered a £12 discount on our £92 bill. I think we'll be phoning to cancel tomorrow and then hopefully take the 50% off deal.

@MissChief Can you confirm this is how the deal is supposed to work? We need to cancel our subscription to get the 50% discount? Many thanks
I had not cancelled ,I put my 31 days notice to cancel in around an hour before clicking the link I posted

Caporegime

Not really my department TBH, although the talk is that 50 and 60% off deals are very thin on the ground at the moment. Most seem to be 20% at first point of contact which is what my mum got offered and eventually settled on 40% off and half price broadband on an 18m contract.

Associate
The new packages will be opened up for existing customers in a month or so, then you'll have more options.

I'm just out of contract and a 60% off deal, my BB + Phone +TV has shot up to a daft amount. I would like to move over to Q from HD box , should I be waiting or shall I just crack on now , see what I can get ?

Soldato
Just managed to get this for the nex 18 months although for some reason I have to renegotiate Multiroom in October .

Future bill estimate

Bill from 1st of February, to the 28th of February
1 Feb – 28 Feb
£24.26
£26.40
Sky Q Bundle £44.00
Viewing Subscription Discounted -£17.60

£16.50
Sky Sports - Complete Pack £27.50
Sky Sports Subscription Discounted -£11.00

£5.10
Sky Cinema £8.50
Sky Cinema Subscription Discounted -£3.40

FREE
Sky Q Silver Bundle £12.00
Viewing Subscription Discounted -£12.00

• See It First
FREE
Charges for 09 Jan to 31 Jan

Why am I paying for 23 days?
£19.59
Sky Q Bundle £32.65
Viewing Subscription Discounted -£13.06

£12.24
Sky Sports - Complete Pack £20.40
Sky Sports Subscription Discounted -£8.16
Why has this package changed?
£3.79
Sky Cinema £6.31
Sky Cinema Subscription Discounted -£2.52

• Credit for Cancellation of Sky Q Bundle - 23 days
-£32.65
  • Credit for Cancellation of Sky Sports - Complete Pack - 23 days
-£20.40
  • Credit for Cancellation of Sky Cinema - 23 days
-£6.31

£36.99
  • Sky Talk Line Rental
£18.99
  • Caller Display
FREE
  • Sky WiFi
FREE
£10.00

• Sky Talk Anytime Extra
£8.00
FREE

£10.00

Estimated total £71.25

Associate
Have you got Multiscreen just now?

No, just a single HD+ box, I'm kinda in the same position as a lot of people it seems, I would like 4K content but not that bothered about a 2nd box. I guess if push came to shove I would take the multiscreen on Q for the benefits it gives and find a use for the 2nd box, we do have other TV's in the house.

Associate
Just on Live Chat with sky and and explained about the 50% offer i accepted in my account and asked for a breakdown. They are passing me to the 'WinBack' team...watch this space.

Associate
From Sky Chat

The regular price for Boxsets bundle is £38 a month. The regular price for Sky Sports is £27.50 a month. The regular price for Multiscreen is £12 a month. After 50% off it will be £44.75 a month for 12 months and then £77.50 a month.

Then...

Here's some important information about the offer :
  • The offer is 12 months half price on your TV subscription.
  • So the discount would cover Original, Variety, Family, Sports and Cinema packs.
  • It does NOT cover stand-alone Premium Channels, Sky Box Office, Sky Store, pay-per-view services, Multiscreen or the HD Premium pack (including Sky Sports and Sky Cinema in HD).

whats everyones thoughts?

Caporegime
No, just a single HD+ box, I'm kinda in the same position as a lot of people it seems, I would like 4K content but not that bothered about a 2nd box. I guess if push came to shove I would take the multiscreen on Q for the benefits it gives and find a use for the 2nd box, we do have other TV's in the house.
Send me a trust message, I have free 2tb box and £49 mini offer available for customers in your position.

Associate
Send me a trust message, I have free 2tb box and £49 mini offer available for customers in your position.

Username not found - urgh

I already have 2tb box and two minis - Sky rep offered me free install and free mini boxes before relising i already had the box. (but was only offerring me 25% off)

That then meant the original offer was back on the table -
  • 2TB SkyQ = 2 Minis (i already had this)
  • 50% off Sky TV- SkyQ Bundle Box Set
  • 12 months contract
  • HD and UHD Content
  • And he's just waived the admin fee (told him admin fees are against my religion - he seemed to like that) :o)

£31 pm for 12 months / £50 after the 12 months

Thins to Note:

Here's some important information about the offer :
  • The offer is 12 months half price on your TV subscription.
  • So the discount would cover Original, Variety, Family, Sports and Cinema packs.
  • It does NOT cover stand-alone Premium Channels, Sky Box Office, Sky Store, pay-per-view services, Multiscreen or the HD Premium pack (including Sky Sports and Sky Cinema in HD).

Associate
I haven't posted here in a while as I've been and I still am somewhat busy with life, hope everyone is doing well.

The Entertainment package launched yesterday morning for all existing Sky customers, it's a phased rollout across departments, so currently customers need to proactively call in and request it, and they will be transferred to someone who will be able to put them on these new packages. It's an immediate and final change, meaning all channels customers may not want to have with the new package (but they already have in their old package) will be removed with immediate effect, and there is no turning back afterwards, they cannot go back to Original/Variety/Box Sets subscriptions, as Sky will stop supporting them soon.

A good rule of thumb for those who are interested, is that if you are on a top tier package and are paying for things you do not want or need (specifically kids channels, Box Sets, HD channels, which with the new packages are £5 each), you will most likely be able to get a good price for what you want to have, a much better price than the one you would have been able to get before, when the prices for these channels was also factored in in the overall price. If you are on a top tier package and the members of your household are using the aforementioned channels or packages, if you're thinking of renegotiating, then might as well do it now, and do not expect to be offered more than 40% off, as this is now the highest percentage Sky will be able to do (and not even for everyone).

These are the last few days and weeks where percentage discounts will be available, Sky have made a conscious decision to stop offering percentage discounts and will be offering £ discounts instead with the new packages, so whoever manages to renegotiate with a price they like, will be able to secure it for the next 18 months. If I had to guess, then these percentage discounts will be available for the next 4 weeks at the most, and there is a good chance that in 2 weeks, if all is working well on their system (the phased rollout is a system trial for glitches and errors), they will simply remove all support for legacy subscriptions and that will be it.

Associate
Hi, thought I’d sign up just to notify the forum of my latest sky offer which I got yesterday over chat. (I was only 75% off plus £100 credit from 12 months ago)

already having a SKY+ box I gave my 30 days notice over a month ago. Was cut off, went on chat and got the top package (£84 roughly) with 60% discount for 12 months bringing the package down to £34 (I could only get 50% on sports HD pack for some reason) Plus £25 credit. Hope this helps

Associate
Hi all, look for some help and advice from those in the know. My contract has come to an end but been auto extended on the same price for 12 months. Want to know what my best option is for getting a sky Q 2tb box and the sky Q hub, as my kit is really old now. Here's my package breakdown.

• TV
£15.20
  • Box Sets
  • Including discounts
  • HD Basic
FREE
  • Sky+ Subscription
FREE

• Broadband & Talk
£19.49
  • Sky Talk Line Rental
  • Including discounts
£9.49
  • Sky Fibre Unlimited
  • Including discounts
£10.00
Bill total £34.69

Associate
Hi all, look for some help and advice from those in the know. My contract has come to an end but been auto extended on the same price for 12 months. Want to know what my best option is for getting a sky Q 2tb box and the sky Q hub, as my kit is really old now. Here's my package breakdown.

• TV
£15.20
  • Box Sets
  • Including discounts
  • HD Basic
FREE
  • Sky+ Subscription
FREE

• Broadband & Talk
£19.49
  • Sky Talk Line Rental
  • Including discounts
£9.49
  • Sky Fibre Unlimited
  • Including discounts
£10.00
Bill total £34.69

Your best bet is to call Sky and see what they can do.

Back
Top Bottom