*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
The last discount ran out end of December, spoke to Sky today and it's not the biggest saving but got 15% off TV package and 40% off the sports package, Bringing bill down by just under £20 a month.

Associate
My 60% off period is coming to and end and I'm now a week into my cancellation period. The best offer I'd received is 40% off for 12 months on a rolling contract and £25 credit. I've tried three times by chat and get the same offer each time. If I were to let it cancel and wait a couple of months, would I get a better offer for rejoining Sky? I really only want Sky Q for the F1 in UHD so only need sports from March until November.

Associate
Clck the link on here ,it got me the whole Sky Q ,multiroom ,sports.movies for £52 a month

this offer

Scratch my earlier post saying this didn't work - I went through the usual back and forth with Sky on the phone and got offered a max of 30% so opted to cancel. As soon I was in the cancellation period your link worked and I'll be back to £43 a month for the complete package. Cheers!

Associate
Hi Guys, found this forum after trying to sort out things with Sky. I spoke to them last year via Live Chat and was offered 60% off TV - Variety Bundle and 50% off Sky Fibre with normal Line Rental. We have recently had a new kitchen fitted and we decided that we'll put a television up so I contacted Sky to ask about Multi Room and was informed that I needed Sky Q box, which I don't mind paying slightly more for as we have 4k Tele. So no decent offer offered as they were quoting £80+ a month with free Sky Q 2TB and mini box installation. Started my cancellation period. Have spoken to them a couple of times and last offer was 30% off Box set Bundle and same fibre discount with free installation for 12 months at a cost of £67.29 a month with £25 credit onto bill, just about to accept this offer and then told that discount for 12 months on an 18 month contract and could try asking at 12 month point for further discount - which I highly doubt they will as I would be on an 18 month contract so they would get 6 months full price out of me. They won't budge on the 18 month contract and have no idea how to take it next! I've got plenty of time until my TV is cancelled, not until mid Feb but it's very time consuming to keep talking on Live Chat. Any ideas on what to do next/what to say to get an offer that is affordable?!
Thanks

Caporegime
Hi all, look for some help and advice from those in the know. My contract has come to an end but been auto extended on the same price for 12 months. Want to know what my best option is for getting a sky Q 2tb box and the sky Q hub, as my kit is really old now. Here's my package breakdown.

• TV
£15.20
  • Box Sets
  • Including discounts
  • HD Basic
FREE
  • Sky+ Subscription
FREE

• Broadband & Talk
£19.49
  • Sky Talk Line Rental
  • Including discounts
£9.49
  • Sky Fibre Unlimited
  • Including discounts
£10.00
Bill total £34.69
Trust message me, I have free 2tb box and half price mini but need to take Q Multiscreen. Adds £12 a month.

Associate
Scratch my earlier post saying this didn't work - I went through the usual back and forth with Sky on the phone and got offered a max of 30% so opted to cancel. As soon I was in the cancellation period your link worked and I'll be back to £43 a month for the complete package. Cheers!
;)

Soldato
Finally going to ditch sky for at least 12 months, going to try virgin media as i got a good deal, sky £62 pcm(no movies) BT £76 pcm, virgin vip package £79, no brainer really, sky done nothing to keep me last time i rang up a big tenna off:rolleyes:

Man of Honour
My 60% off period is coming to and end and I'm now a week into my cancellation period. The best offer I'd received is 40% off for 12 months on a rolling contract and £25 credit. I've tried three times by chat and get the same offer each time. If I were to let it cancel and wait a couple of months, would I get a better offer for rejoining Sky? I really only want Sky Q for the F1 in UHD so only need sports from March until November.

I was in exactly the same situation as you. After being cancelled for a month I was offered around 60% off by e-mail - nothing during the cancellation period got close to the email offer.

Associate
I was in exactly the same situation as you. After being cancelled for a month I was offered around 60% off by e-mail - nothing during the cancellation period got close to the email offer.

Was that for Sky Q or Sky HD? I'll happily cancel for a month if they'll offer 60% off :)

Associate
Hi everyone, I've gone through the web chat cancellation and got 40% off sky+ but nothing on sky Q. I thought I'd put my cancellation in and did that a week ago, but do you think they will have better offers over the phone?

Soldato
My 60% off deal is coming to an end. Live chat will not budge past 40%. It seems my best bet is to cancel and see what happens?

It would seem. However, since the party line now appears to be "we are restructuring our pricing and making it fairer for all", read: "we're no longer doing decent discounts whilst trying to justify to our customers that more pricey is good for you (somehow)", I wouldn't be too optimistic if I were you.

Maybe sky realise they can't compete and are edging for a more exclusive service to survive? Although I don't see any exclusivity either. They tried to sell me Q and the amount of UHD content right now is dissapointing when Netflix gives me so much more for just £10 with no fixed contract. Further, when it comes to HD and SD it is very often sub par, SD looking like a dogs dinner and HD usually being anything but.

Sky is good for sports, but judging by the sports thread alone, half of fans illegally stream anyhow. So it makes you wonder how Sky envisage moving forward, they seem more antiquated these days, whereas when I was young it was quite a thing if your mates family had sky installed. I do hope they can move forward because their UI is more accessible than most but right now they seem intent on peddling an inferior service at a premium price.

Caporegime
It would seem. However, since the party line now appears to be "we are restructuring our pricing and making it fairer for all", read: "we're no longer doing decent discounts whilst trying to justify to our customers that more pricey is good for you (somehow)", I wouldn't be too optimistic if I were you.

Maybe sky realise they can't compete and are edging for a more exclusive service to survive? Although I don't see any exclusivity either. They tried to sell me Q and the amount of UHD content right now is dissapointing when Netflix gives me so much more for just £10 with no fixed contract. Further, when it comes to HD and SD it is very often sub par, SD looking like a dogs dinner and HD usually being anything but.

Sky is good for sports, but judging by the sports thread alone, half of fans illegally stream anyhow. So it makes you wonder how Sky envisage moving forward, they seem more antiquated these days, whereas when I was young it was quite a thing if your mates family had sky installed. I do hope they can move forward because their UI is more accessible than most but right now they seem intent on peddling an inferior service at a premium price.

I'm sure they're just waiting for the whole business to implode around them and don't have any plans for the future?! Sky is becoming more commonplace and customers CAN save money if they're savvy. For example previously you needed to take Box Sets to get HD services on Sky channels. That was £38pm. Now you can take Entertainment for £20 and then take HD for £5. £25pm is a saving of £13pm, not to be laughed at. Even if you then also want box sets it's still £30 per month, saving £8. If you had box sets and got offered it for £8pm discount you'd be talking about it on here?!

Sky has more UHD content than any other live TV provider and, uniquely, you won't need a superfast internet connection to watch the football or the F1 in UHD as it comes via dish. Damon Hill's silver hair has never looked so lush and bouffant! Sky also has a fair amount of On Demand UHD content as well although I'm unsure who has more compared to Netflix.

Soldato
I'm sure they're just waiting for the whole business to implode around them and don't have any plans for the future?! Sky is becoming more commonplace and customers CAN save money if they're savvy. For example previously you needed to take Box Sets to get HD services on Sky channels. That was £38pm. Now you can take Entertainment for £20 and then take HD for £5. £25pm is a saving of £13pm, not to be laughed at. Even if you then also want box sets it's still £30 per month, saving £8. If you had box sets and got offered it for £8pm discount you'd be talking about it on here?!

Sky has more UHD content than any other live TV provider and, uniquely, you won't need a superfast internet connection to watch the football or the F1 in UHD as it comes via dish. Damon Hill's silver hair has never looked so lush and bouffant! Sky also has a fair amount of On Demand UHD content as well although I'm unsure who has more compared to Netflix.

It's actually laughable that they still charge for HD well if you can call it that, it's gotgworse over the years not better, pure shambles.

Back
Top Bottom