*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Caporegime
Hi all

I’m new to this forum but been reading regulary .

My Sky tv deal ran out last month (full package , HD and multi room ) which was £48 pm

I’ve phoned up to cancel and the best deal for the same package they could offer me was 77 pounds . I politely declined and waited for the phonecall from the cancellation team .

Had two phone calls and the best I have been offered is HD+ And multi room for £51 or £67 for a 2TB sky q box plus a mini and full package .

I’m more interested in the Sky Q deal but not sure if the deal is good enough .

What does every one think ?
With the launch of VIP sky are very much pushing tenure as a good thing and (finally) come to see 50 & 60% deals as undervaluing the content and offering. If that's what you're after then you may be waiting a long time. £51 is a good deal, only £3 more than what you were paying no?

Associate
With the launch of VIP sky are very much pushing tenure as a good thing and (finally) come to see 50 & 60% deals as undervaluing the content and offering. If that's what you're after then you may be waiting a long time. £51 is a good deal, only £3 more than what you were paying no?

First off thank you for the reply :)

Yes 51 for normal hd+ is good but it was sky q that I would be looking to upgrade too .

I’m very new to the prices of sky q so unsure if the £67 per month I have been offered is good value for money ? I realise I may not have worded the first post correctly

Associate
Hi all

I’m new to this forum but been reading regulary .

My Sky tv deal ran out last month (full package , HD and multi room ) which was £48 pm

I’ve phoned up to cancel and the best deal for the same package they could offer me was 77 pounds . I politely declined and waited for the phonecall from the cancellation team .

Had two phone calls and the best I have been offered is HD+ And multi room for £51 or £67 for a 2TB sky q box plus a mini and full package .

I’m more interested in the Sky Q deal but not sure if the deal is good enough .

What does every one think ?

If you've been offered £67 for full TV package with QMS, then you've been offered the following

£20 for Entertainment
£1 for kids
£1 for Box Sets
£1 for HD
£20 for Sports
£2 for Sports HD
£10 for Cinema
and £12 for QMS

which is basically better than the standard offer you're supposed to get with the offers Sky have had available since earlier in the year. The specific price is usually not available with Sky Q, as in some departments it's considered offer stacking as the box gets discounted also. Full price for all this is £96 (25+5+5+5+28+6+10+12), so your offer translates to roughly 30-33% off.

Not sure what you may have been offered for £51 with Sky+HD and Multiscreen included. They don't discount MS, so this bring the subs down to £39, but the maths with the usual offers do not add up. Offers are account specific, so there may be something better than the standard offers in your account if you keep your current box.

Soldato
After refusing to accept £35 for my current package of everything minus sports and movies sky came back with £29 or £30 with the sky q boxes. I'd possibly take the Q offer but my main concern is I'll probably be moving houses in the next couple of months and don't want to pay a silly installation fee.

RJC

RJC

Don
I need to phone up in a few weeks, my current package is the 60% discount which I am paying £37 for, going up to £48! looking at the future bills and the letter I got through the other day.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm paying 91 at the moment for all TV stuff via a Sky Q 2TB and 1 Sky Q Mini - no broadband.

Phoned up as we are moving house and told them I wanted to cancel everything.

Came away with everything I had plus phone line and broadband for £71 on 18month, will reduce down to 66 if I am able to move to fibre if space opens up in the cab (the horror of 2 meg broadband is coming!)

Soldato
i'm looking to upgrade to Sky Q.

We currently don't have Cinema on our subscription but have everything else including multi-room. We pay £58pm £46.35pm

Sky Q deal is £125 upfront instal fee for a 2tb box and a mini for the multi-room. No additional subscription charge.

Is this a good deal? Out of the loop with regard to Sky Q etc so not sure if it's worth upgrading

Last edited:
Caporegime
i'm looking to upgrade to Sky Q.

We currently don't have Cinema on our subscription but have everything else including multi-room. We pay £58pm £46.35pm

Sky Q deal is £125 upfront instal fee for a 2tb box and a mini for the multi-room. No additional subscription charge.

Is this a good deal? Out of the loop with regard to Sky Q etc so not sure if it's worth upgrading
I wouldn't go back to Sky+HD if that helps?

Caporegime
can you elaborate on the good and bad points.

it'll be a new 18 month contract too so paying £46pm for what we have could be a good deal. i just need convincing the PQ through sky q for 4k etc is worth it
I always watch Ultra HD live sport if I can, the F1 somewhere like Singapore really pops on the screen. Being able to watch on both TV's and the shared planner is great too. I used to record the F1 on both boxes before Sky Q, now I don't have to. But I still record in HD and UHD just in case I watch on the mini box which won't stream UHD. The UI is better, you don't get Spotify on Sky+HD and won't get Netflix either.

Soldato
I always watch Ultra HD live sport if I can, the F1 somewhere like Singapore really pops on the screen. Being able to watch on both TV's and the shared planner is great too. I used to record the F1 on both boxes before Sky Q, now I don't have to. But I still record in HD and UHD just in case I watch on the mini box which won't stream UHD. The UI is better, you don't get Spotify on Sky+HD and won't get Netflix either.

the shared planner is a plus. watching already recorded programmes on a second box i think would be a massive plus.

as for our deal. Decent?! could i get the upfront cost cheaper

Caporegime
the shared planner is a plus. watching already recorded programmes on a second box i think would be a massive plus.

as for our deal. Decent?! could i get the upfront cost cheaper
As you already have Multiscreen that's about the standard price tbh. You could try the cancellation route if you're not in contract?

Soldato
I've just got off the phone to Sky. Ordered Sky Q. install on 31st Aug (going on holiday so won't be here until then).

2tb Box + Mini @ £75 upfront fee.

Our monthly deals run out in Oct so i will phone back in Sept to negotiate and better deal again.

looking forward to it

Associate
Hi guys,

Long time stalker of this thread. First time asking for help!

Just processed my cancellation this morning, went on live chat and was offered entertainment, boxsets, cinema and movies for £37 for 12 months.....great (I think?)

However, kinda wanted to upgrade to Sky Q and I'm pretty certain that's on an 18 month contract? So asked them to redo the deal for 18 months and the price moved to £40 for 18 months and I'd have to speak to the upgrade team about getting sky Q? (Figure £12 a month more for MS? Although not guaranteed as I'd have to commit to the 18 month deal first....)

Anyway, agreed to proceed....went though all the legal gumph until she says actually the 18 month deal should be £50pm not £40. Suddenly this feels like much less value for money.

Maybe the experts can help here? Am I doing something wrong? How can I get my offer down to something better?

TIA

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Hi guys,

Long time stalker of this thread. First time asking for help!

Just processed my cancellation this morning, went on live chat and was offered entertainment, boxsets, cinema and movies for £37 for 12 months.....great (I think?)

However, kinda wanted to upgrade to Sky Q and I'm pretty certain that's on an 18 month contract? So asked them to redo the deal for 18 months and the price moved to £40 for 18 months and I'd have to speak to the upgrade team about getting sky Q? (Figure £12 a month more for MS? Although not guaranteed as I'd have to commit to the 18 month deal first....)

Anyway, agreed to proceed....went though all the legal gumph until she says actually the 18 month deal should be £50pm not £40. Suddenly this feels like much less value for money.

Maybe the experts can help here? Am I doing something wrong? How can I get my offer down to something better?

TIA

For reference I'm paying £57.70 for Sky Q without Cinema but with Sports.

Your offer probably isn't the very best, but it's pretty damn decent tbh.

Associate
Guessing from your comments that maybe the price is a bit better than I first thought.

Just been back onto them and agreed £55 a month all in for a new Sky Q 2tb + 1 mini box and everything except movies (could have that for £10 a month more...but I watch one or two an month and figured I could rent them for less). Also removed kids as I don't plan on having any of them soon

Also a note for anyone else haggling for Sky Q...my initial offer was for the 1tb model. Couple of comments about 4k and they upgraded that to the 2tb model free of charge - no upfront charges at all

Broadband is dealt with by a separate team apparently....and they don't have online chat? Can someone confirm? I can't see many recent comments on here about that so wouldn't mind knowing what current deals are out there before I make my move.

Thanks everyone!

Caporegime
I'd probably get the 2TB Q but there is no way I'm paying 199 upfront...Freesat no longer has Channel 4 HD so I'm looking at my options...

Also can you get 4k without the multi screen ? I'm a tad confused....

Back
Top Bottom