*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
Hi all, would welcome your thoughts.

Previously had all channels excluding sports on a Sky + HD package which included 2 multi room boxes. I have each one of my 3 boxes set up to 2 tv's each via hdmi splitters. So in effect I can watch 3 different channels at a time. And have access to sky in 6 different rooms.

Ideally need to keep access to sky in all 6 rooms with the ability to watch 3 different things as once in the house. I have a big family. I was paying £44 which was an excellent deal.

New Offer
Entertainment £20
HD £1
Box Sets £1
Movies £10
2x Multiroom £24

Total £56.

£12 higher than before, loosing kids channels which I don't need and also using all old boxes I currently own with no warranty support.

Don't know what to do! Cant move to Sky Q deals as they will work out even more expensive due to needing the ability to watch 3 channels simultaneously in 6 rooms. Cant go back as a new customer as 1) Not sure id get a better deal and 2) They don't sell the Sky HD boxes any more, Sky Q only.

Tried calling in twice, they won't budge!!

Rang in again today and said the £56 deal is simply too much and I have no choice but to cancel. She went through it all again, came back with the same £56 deal. I had to put my foot down and say 'Yes I know that. Thats what I was offered two days ago hence my call today to cancel'. She then went away one last time to see if there is 'anything else' she could do and returned with the extra £5 off. Entertainment reduced to £15pm.

So £51 with entertainment, HD, Box Sets, Movies and 2x multi room boxes. Oh and she added the kids channels back in again too!

Told me I have to pay a £10 admin fee. I was told £15 before! But she's given me a free home move (usually £30/£60) on my account. I am moving soon.

All in all I think iv had a great deal.

Soldato
Just been offered sky sports hd and entertainment with multiscreen for £44 a month. I already have the sky q 2tb box and mini box for multiscreen. Is this a good deal ?

Associate
Entertainment would be £20, QMS would be £12, these are £32 on their own. So for an extra £12 you're getting complete Sports in HD? Complete Sports in HD are now £22, so I'd say it's a good deal, especially if you also have other extras included like HD for Entertainment channels, kids and/or Box Sets.

Soldato
Entertainment would be £20, QMS would be £12, these are £32 on their own. So for an extra £12 you're getting complete Sports in HD? Complete Sports in HD are now £22, so I'd say it's a good deal, especially if you also have other extras included like HD for Entertainment channels, kids and/or Box Sets.
This is the deal offered
at 17:43, Oct 3:
Entertainment package £25.00 > £20.00
Full Sports pack £28.00 > £10.00 Sports HD £6.00 > £ 2.00
HD entertainment £1
QMS £12.00 ----£45.00---------------

No boxsets or kids and a £10 admin charge

Associate
This is the deal offered
at 17:43, Oct 3:
Entertainment package £25.00 > £20.00
Full Sports pack £28.00 > £10.00 Sports HD £6.00 > £ 2.00
HD entertainment £1
QMS £12.00 ----£45.00---------------

No boxsets or kids and a £10 admin charge

If they can offer you Sports for £10, they can probably offer you HD, kids and box sets for £1 each. Give them another call.

Associate
Hi there, I just came across this forum and wanted to share my experience of negotiating a better deal with Sky. I have been a Sky subscriber for around 9 years now and for the last two years have managed to secure discounts of 60% and 50% on two consecutive 12 month terms. My latest 50% off deal (for HD, Boxsets, Kids, Cinema and Entertainment) expires on 15th October and I called Sky on Monday 1st to give my notice of cancellation. For the record I did attempt to do this first via Online Chat but the Online Chat seems to always be busy and it never showed as available so I resorted to calling instead.

The agent I spoke to put me through to the retentions team who asked me whether my current package was still appropriate (it is) and were able to offer me a deal of £52pm including Sky Q Multi-room (so £40pm without Sky Q). Given I am currently paying £28.75pm which is due to increase to £57.50pm when my current discount expires, I declined this offer and asked to proceed with cancellation. The retentions agent checked with her manager who was supposedly surprised that she was able to offer such a good deal. Once the cancellation had been confirmed, I then used the Sky My Deal website to obtain the following offer which I quickly accepted (!)-
-Entertainment £13 (Normally £20)
-Kids £1 (Normally £5)
-HD £1 (Normally £5)
-Boxsets £1 (Normally £5)
-Cinema £9 (Normally £18)

So £25pm in total which is £3 less than I am paying right now! I waited until this week and then decided to check the My Deal website again and it appeared that the offer hadn't gone through because it still showed as available. I tried to select it again and while it seemed to go through I then received an e-mail advising that there was an issue processing the offer and I needed to contact Sky. I called Sky on Monday and spoke to a very helpful agent who asked me to send him a screenshot of the My Deal offer I had accepted (which I did) and then applied it to my account. It does seem that the offer wasn't applied correctly because I am due to be charged £20pm for Entertainment instead of £13pm, but I spoke to Sky again today and it seems this will be resolved in the next 48 hours.

So after a bit of back-and-forth it seems that I will be able to obtain a discount of 53% (£25pm instead of £53pm). It has been a bit of effort but assuming this deal is successfully applied it has been well worth it. I then intend to subscribe to Sky Q Multi-room 2TB using my Sky VIP deal through the Sky app which will cost an extra £12pm and £20 installation (with the same package I am currently on).

Hopefully that helps give some idea of the offers it is possible to secure if you put in a bit of effort. I think being prepared to give notice of cancellation definitely helps and allows you to unlock better offers and discounts.

Associate
Thanks for the tip. I did consider this, the original My Deal offer specifically referenced the Entertainment discount being for 12 months, but all other discounts being for rolling 1 month periods, however I think that the offer they have applied over the phone is for 12 months across the board meaning that if I did take the Sky Q VIP offer, I would have to pay 6 months at full price. Might need to have another think about Sky Q! It's a shame, the rolling 1 month offers through My Deal for all the add-on packs were really good. Would have meant I was only paying full price for the Entertainment for 6 months but still getting discounts for Kids, HD, Boxsets and Cinema.

Soldato
but all other discounts being for rolling 1 month periods, however I think that the offer they have applied over the phone is for 12 months across the board

It does seem very disingenuous, if, speaking to them over the phone, they were offering any deals that did not have a minimum term of 12 months.

Associate
Mine is due shortly and is currently about £106 pm. We were offered £93 with upgraded broadband from Fibre to Fibre Max. I declined this, and got put through to Retentions who took it down to £86. How do I get it a little lower please? Go ahead and cancel?

Caporegime
Mine is due shortly and is currently about £106 pm. We were offered £93 with upgraded broadband from Fibre to Fibre Max. I declined this, and got put through to Retentions who took it down to £86. How do I get it a little lower please? Go ahead and cancel?

Yeah mate...for 106 per month I’m flabbergasted you were not on the Fibre Max package...

Do you watch all the content you pay for ?

106 per month for TV causes me some anxiety

Associate
Yeah mate...for 106 per month I’m flabbergasted you were not on the Fibre Max package...

Do you watch all the content you pay for ?

106 per month for TV causes me some anxiety

Me too, we hardly watch it - my Mrs did the deal and is insisting she wants to keep everything. We have everything apart from Sport, with Sky Q and a MR Box along with the 36MB BB.

I'll see if I can get anywhere cancelling. Would be happy if it were about £10 cheaper. Anything over £100 is insanity!!

Caporegime
Me too, we hardly watch it - my Mrs did the deal and is insisting she wants to keep everything. We have everything apart from Sport, with Sky Q and a MR Box along with the 36MB BB.

I'll see if I can get anywhere cancelling. Would be happy if it were about £10 cheaper. Anything over £100 is insanity!!

You don’t even have sport? I’m struggling to work out why it’s over £100

Do you need the kids channels ?

Back
Top Bottom