*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
Hi all.

Been reading through.
I have used an (alternate) box for my tv pleasure for best end of 11 years. I decided to see if I knew my user ID and password for my broadband bill. I noticed it had increased by 100% in 6 months.

so I rang them when angry and cancelled.

Joined sky online for bb and tv. Fibre and sky q 1tb box and my install date I chose was 30th Sep bb and 1st Oct for tv.

Fibre
Sky q 1tb box
Entertainment
Movies
Ultimate on demand
Sports
Kids
Hd

no multiroom as only have 1 tv.

total cost. £94pm.

As I was paying virgin £43 for bb and Netflix £12 I think it is for premium and it is included in sky bill.
Realistically I was paying £39 for tv I can finally enjoy and pause n record.

As I chose a date far away in case I changed my mind.

I did within a week.

Decided I wanted the q 2tb box and q experience UHD.

I rang up and said I decided to cancel before my contract starts.

I came off the phone with

Fibre
Broadband boost
Sky q 2tb box
Sky q hub for bedroom.
Sky q experience
Movies
Sports
Hd
Kids
Entertainment
Ultimate on demand

For £81 per month for 18 months. With NO extra charge for the q box or the hub for the bedroom.

so it gets installed Monday n Tuesday and I went out and bought a new tv for the living room and put the other tv in the bedroom.

looking forward to it.

Associate
I renewed mine today keeping my sky Q 2TB box, 2 mini boxes, sports and cinema HD, entertainment pack HD, Sky Q experience, box sets (no Netflix) £64 month

BB super fast £27.

total £91 a month. Is this decent or should I be going for better?

Soldato
Finally upgrading from Sky HD to Sky Q next week.

Thanks to MissChief I'll be on Sky Q 2TB, 1 x Mini box, Entertainment, Sports, Cinema, Ultimate On Demand & HD all for under £50 a month! Nice saving from the near £90 I was paying due to the last deal lapsing a while ago.

Soldato
Finally upgrading from Sky HD to Sky Q next week.

Thanks to MissChief I'll be on Sky Q 2TB, 1 x Mini box, Entertainment, Sports, Cinema, Ultimate On Demand & HD all for under £50 a month! Nice saving from the near £90 I was paying due to the last deal lapsing a while ago.

That is a really good deal my friend, I couldn't get that deal. I'm £55 for Entertainment(£22), Sports(£13), SkyQ Experience(£13), HD(£5), SportsHD(£2). Cant believe how many times I have to pay for HD and UHD, total for them alone is £20pm , you would think if you are paying for UHD that would include HD, nope and I had to pay £75 up front for the 2TB SkyQ box and then they wanted £50 for a mini box(which i didn't take) last time I had SkyQ, 1 mini box was free. The only deal I got was the £13 for sky sports which the engineer got me on his tablet which he didn't think was right but went through. So £55pm with no cinema or box sets and no broadband/phone. Dont think thats very good to be honest especially the £20pm for HD/UHD.

Soldato
SKy wont budge on my £91 offer, Sky Q + 1 minibox, sports, cinema, Box sets... HD etc with fibre and talk. TV being disconnected Saturday :eek:. Unsure whether to wait for any better deals or sign up to virgin.

Soldato
SKy wont budge on my £91 offer, Sky Q + 1 minibox, sports, cinema, Box sets... HD etc with fibre and talk. TV being disconnected Saturday :eek:. Unsure whether to wait for any better deals or sign up to virgin.

Virgin offers a much better deal than sky can these days.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/ultimate-oomph-bundle

500Mb/s broadband, all the channels, inc. Amazon Prime for 12 months, unlimited landline calls, and a a mobile SIM with unlimited everything for £99, they were also aoffering two TIVO boxes you'd need to check if the offer is still on. The inclusion of the SIM makes the deal much better, at you are looking at a minimum of a £20ppm cost for it from anyone else.

Associate
That's why I left them a good few years back, but given you've got the 14-day no quibble cancellation policy you can test it for 2 weeks then dump if pants.

Ditto.......slowed to a crawl in the evenings to the point I couldn't even stream Spotify. Got rid after complaining and went back to 76mb Fibre.....this was three years ago and Fibre has been solid.

The TiVo box was poor as well......much prefer the Sky Q we have.

But - I would try Virgin again for the headline speed if there was a guarantee of non congestion.

Soldato
When you do the figures, Virgin gets £150 bill credit, £110 cashback and amazon prime for a year which I already pay for, it’s substantially cheaper and with BT sport as well. Hope the internet isn’t terrible. Sky seem to have no interest in offering a better deal either, its annoying as im happy with the service but for what you get its too expensive.

Associate
When you do the figures, Virgin gets £150 bill credit, £110 cashback and amazon prime for a year which I already pay for, it’s substantially cheaper and with BT sport as well. Hope the internet isn’t terrible. Sky seem to have no interest in offering a better deal either, its annoying as im happy with the service but for what you get its too expensive.

It's a conscious decision these days; they do not want to be known as the cheapest option in the market.

All these offers and credits from other companies should tell you something too.

Back
Top Bottom