*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

I can't believe they are still getting away with charging for HD, I bumped their TV a few years ago and just use streaming services now. If I do want to watch anything on Sky I just get Now tv, they are always sending me offers.

If you are on Sky Q and have the Ultimate TV addon, Sky HD also upgrades your Netflix from (1 Screen+ SD) to (2 Screens +HD)

The Sky Ultra HD add on upgrades Netflix to (4 Screens + UHD/HDR)

Last edited:
Cancelled mine earlier this month, was going from £49 to £71 for the below;

Sky Stream (2 Pucks)
Entertainment with Premium Netflix
Sky Cinema
Ultra HD+Dolby Atmos
Ad skipping
Whole Home

Best they could do for me was £67, decided to give it a miss, not had any calls, emails or letter through the post with offers which is a little surprising.

I've signed up to NOWTV as they have launched the new Ultra HD Add-on with offers for the next 6 months;

Entertainment £6.99
Cinema £4.99
Ultra HD £6

That'll keep me going until there's a decent offer for sky again, but if anyone else doesn't mind the switch its worth a go considering the price difference.

Cancelled mine earlier this month, was going from £49 to £71 for the below;

Sky Stream (2 Pucks)
Entertainment with Premium Netflix
Sky Cinema
Ultra HD+Dolby Atmos
Ad skipping
Whole Home

Best they could do for me was £67, decided to give it a miss, not had any calls, emails or letter through the post with offers which is a little surprising.

I've signed up to NOWTV as they have launched the new Ultra HD Add-on with offers for the next 6 months;

Entertainment £6.99
Cinema £4.99
Ultra HD £6

That'll keep me going until there's a decent offer for sky again, but if anyone else doesn't mind the switch its worth a go considering the price difference.

If you go to cancel ultra boost now it’ll offer you £4.50-£4 for the balance of your £6 offer.

So if you have 5 months remaining you’ll get the rest at the reduce rate.

Just go through the cancellation process and at the end it will give you the offer!

If you go to cancel ultra boost now it’ll offer you £4.50-£4 for the balance of your £6 offer.

So if you have 5 months remaining you’ll get the rest at the reduce rate.

Just go through the cancellation process and at the end it will give you the offer!
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to give me anything before the final cancelation stage :(

Tried it on Entertainment/Cinema as well and there wasn't anything. To be honest I'm quite happy with the current price I'll see what happens as I approach the end of the 6 months to see what offers come through.

Cheers though

Last edited:
Ah ok. I’m assuming you were definitely on the final cancel?
Oh actually my bad, I didn't realise there were so many hoops before it actually cancelled, looks like I was 1 away and yeah it worked. £4 for the next 6 months :D

Thank you very much, although I have tried it on Cinema and Entertainment which didn't present any offers so those are cancelled until the end of the term, I might try and see what happens if I restart the membership at a later date or just keep an eye out in the Offers section. Bargain compared to sky lol

Oh actually my bad, I didn't realise there were so many hoops before it actually cancelled, looks like I was 1 away and yeah it worked. £4 for the next 6 months :D

Thank you very much, although I have tried it on Cinema and Entertainment which didn't present any offers so those are cancelled until the end of the term, I might try and see what happens if I restart the membership at a later date or just keep an eye out in the Offers section. Bargain compared to sky lol

Glad it worked. I did wonder why it wasn’t showing for you as I’ve done it for myself and a few other people and it worked :)

It’s not a massive saving but every little counts.

With regards to the 6 month terms they don’t tend to show offers until around the last month remaining when you go to cancel.

i think it’s only a matter of time before now starts implementing 12 month minimum terms on cinema and entertainment for the lowest prices.

At the moment I’m paying the below which I’m quite happy with.

I’m really glad they introduced 4k and atmos as that was the only reason I’d have chosen sky stream.

I find the interface and lack of ads on now far better than the ad skipping on stream.

Only minor annoyance is the trailers at the start of shows sometimes.

Last edited:

Ah sorry just one more thing, for what it’s worth, my advice would be to restart your subscriptions and then cancel in the last month.

You’ll likely get a better offer than just waiting for the subscription to end and seeing what populates in the offer section. :)

Ah sorry just one more thing, for what it’s worth, my advice would be to restart your subscriptions and then cancel in the last month.

You’ll likely get a better offer than just waiting for the subscription to end and seeing what populates in the offer section. :)

Good shout I'll re enable those and try what you say closer to the time.

And just on your previous post I agree, overall the experience on Now is pretty good, I also don't quite like the 30 sec ad at the start of a show/movie but I think the general experience is better. I found it very cumbersome when fast forwarding on stream to be honest.

Its much better on the NOW APP on my tv and even better through the Apple TV 4K (2022)

Like yourself I only decided to try Now due to the 4k add-on otherwise I'd have been stuck paying sky an arm and a leg lol

Can you just cancel via the app/website now or do they still make you go through the phone charade?
For Sky Stream I Was able to get it cancelled via live chat last month, though the annoying thing is if you want to stay and are interested in offers the online team can't help and you have to call (nightmare every time I've called)

For Now TV though, that can be done online via your account.

I finally got a call and offered £63 a month for Entertainment, sport, movies, uhd, ad skipping and Netflix premium.

However I also decided to give NowTV a go, prior to even knowing about Ultra boost coming, been using it about about 6 weeks and have to say having used it about 8 years ago, it’s way better now. So for that equivalent with Now and Netflix Premium I’m £61 a month. Miss out on paramount but never really used it. Can’t see a need to jump back to proper Sky for the foreseeable.

Going to ring them up because I recently switched my mothers home from Virgin to Sky. She has the same packages as me including basic Netflix for £4.50, which I don't have. She pays like £55. I checked my bill and I've been paying £75.50 for a while and can't even recall when it went up. Just looked at my bill - sod that.

Sky Signature £28.50 (normally £36.50)
Sky HD £9.00 (WHAT YEAR IS IT?!)
Broadband 'Superfast aka 70mb' - £38.00

Back
Top Bottom