*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

I signed up as a Dutch person but now always use US servers to stream. That's via Nord VPN.
The default is the English F1 TV commentary team but you can click International once the event itself is about to begin and you get the Sky F1 team.

Sometimes it’s nice to not listen to the Hamilton worshipping lot on Sky and have the F1 TV lot on instead.
Pinkham would be enough for me to stick with the Sky lot.

Current contract with Sky had expired so got stung with a larger than expect bill. Called the yesterday and they offered me £90 for:

Sky Q 2TB
HD+UHD
1 Minibox
Sport
Movies
Netflix Premium

Called them today to continue negotiations and it's gone up to £96 for the same deal...

Cancelled on the spot and will see where we go from there!

Last edited:
My box has just had a hard disk failure. I tried deleting a recording my main Q box while I didnt realize was still playing the end credits on my Sky Go on phone.

Had years of good recordings on there which one of the reasons ive never cancelled.

Thopught this wa a good time to cancel but my contract ends next February :p
Complete Hard disk failures on Q, at least when I worked on Q Tech were exceptionally rare, far rarer than HDD issues with Sky+HD. The problem then is at least a +HD box will work as a digibox, it's just slow as hell. I believe a Q box won't work at all. I trust they're replacing it?

Nice, how does it work, do they simply send you offers towards the end of the minimum term? Or do you have to cancel and wait for something to come through? I'm seriously considering it when my VM contract expires in December.

Generally they send me emails with offers, I currently have Sky Cinema for £2.99 for 6 months and the entertainment for £5.99. Though I'm going to cancel entertainment as I have watched everything I wanted to watch, only had it a month. In the past I have had the sky sports day pass for NFL games, for when my team has been on Sky and it's blacked out on NFL gamepass because it's on Sky.

Also once you have a Now account, they send you offers on your account. But generally they do send you offers just before your current ones expire.

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested, I settled for £70 for just about everything, uhd and 1 mini box, Netflix premium etc.
I had been paying £69 for the previous 18 months.

Doesn’t include broadband, the negotiating was a lot easier than previously.

Why, after all this time, has Sky not implemented some sort of system where mini boxes or users have their own sections of hard drive in recordings? Lumping it all together gets confusing when there are multiple users.

Well i'm about to start the cancellation/renegotiation dance with my Sky Q.
My contract is going up to £55 a month and as much as I like the Q box that price is excessive for what is essentially the base sky package with the HD and 4k additions. As everyone has stated I can't believe they still charge for HD!

edit: a quick web chat and they've offered £51! That's more than what I was paying before

Last edited:
Well i'm about to start the cancellation/renegotiation dance with my Sky Q.
My contract is going up to £55 a month and as much as I like the Q box that price is excessive for what is essentially the base sky package with the HD and 4k additions. As everyone has stated I can't believe they still charge for HD!

edit: a quick web chat and they've offered £51! That's more than what I was paying before
Shock horror as prices go up!

Back
Top Bottom