*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
Yep it buys you in to a £13 sub to get you UHD. Since it was a new fangled thing (uhd), I guess sky figured everyone would bite off and take it anyway. However, the uhd content as already discussed, is pretty poor and with other providers giving better uhd content, it will only be a matter of time before sky will have to stop fleecing people for the latest thing. I think MissChief has already alluded to the likelihood of multiroom and uhd being segregated. However, I can see them saying something like £10 for uhd, £5 for multiroom.

Associate
Hi all, new Sky TV customer here, had my install yesterday, phone and bb on the 4/11. The quality of the SD channels is awful, wow. I find it hard to believe that watching Sky One on my Now TV through ROKU looks much better than Sky One on the Q box, I'm not paying £5 a month for HD when a multi month pass for Now costs £5 a month.

I'll give it some time but what is the cooling off period? I may be cancelling the TV side of my order.

Soldato
Hi all, new Sky TV customer here, had my install yesterday, phone and bb on the 4/11. The quality of the SD channels is awful, wow. I find it hard to believe that watching Sky One on my Now TV through ROKU looks much better than Sky One on the Q box, I'm not paying £5 a month for HD when a multi month pass for Now costs £5 a month.

I'll give it some time but what is the cooling off period? I may be cancelling the TV side of my order.
Surely you know your cool off period, as outlined in your T&C's and the contract you agreed when you took it out? However, statutory cooling period is 14 days minimum. I think sky might give 31 days... You need to give them that much notice though too.

Soldato

Threaten to cancel they will offer HD for £1.

Associate
Surely you know your cool off period, as outlined in your T&C's and the contract you agreed when you took it out? However, statutory cooling period is 14 days minimum. I think sky might give 31 days... You need to give them that much notice though too.
I thought I did know it (14 days) but got some confusing results from a quick google search just before leaving for work, that 31 day notice is correct also, thanks. I'll try to get used to it and see how I go as I've only had it for 2 days, for the most part I'm happy with the Sky Q box etc.

Associate
First time poster, just adding in my info in case anyone else is currently going through cancellation/negotiation:
Currently paying £89 for the following:
Sky Fibre Unlimited
Sky Talk Line Rental
Sky Variety
Sky Multiscreen
Have been with Sky for 6 years now, my wife is the account holder and to be honest I've not kept an eye on it, noticed a load of offers coming through the post and managed to get the in laws a good deal with Sky Q earlier in the year, we're still on HD eqpt from original install.
Contacted Sky via online chat, the best they could do was £67 pcm for the above, and then £125 for 2TB Q box and 1 x Mini box, and a further £99 for an additional Mini box.
Had the standard discussion regarding better deals for new customers, but they couldn't match, they just said if I could take the online deals then I should do so as this is the best they could do, explained that as an existing customer I couldn't so it kind of stopped there, I cancelled last Wednesday. Genuinely don't want to leave Sky but will head to VM (they have coverage in my area as we've had fibre before) for a contract and come back to Sky as a new customer in the future - that's the plan anyway.
So far haven't had any offers through, VM reckon they can set up/install/supply within 14 days, so I'm going to wait to see if Sky come back at all, give them another week or so.
Anyone else recently cancelled? Any offers?
Cheers

Soldato
Anyone else recently cancelled? Any offers?
Cheers

I recently left sky, they came back with no offers during the 30day period. I left for Virgin, they installed 10 days after I ordered. If you do switch, I put my number in on their website and they called me back with some very good offers over the website price.

Associate
I recently left sky, they came back with no offers during the 30day period. I left for Virgin, they installed 10 days after I ordered. If you do switch, I put my number in on their website and they called me back with some very good offers over the website price.

Thanks for the reply, so you ordered online, entered your contact number, and they called to improve the offer? Sounds good to me! I've been on VM chat for a while now trying to get a good package together

Soldato
Thanks for the reply, so you ordered online, entered your contact number, and they called to improve the offer? Sounds good to me! I've been on VM chat for a while now trying to get a good package together

I put my landline number in where it tells you which services you can get, speed of internet etc. Then they called me as you would expect to complete the deal. I didnt order online.

Soldato
No because they offered a better price which worked out cheaper over the contract.

Wow must have been a good saving vs. the website price, what did you end up with in the end?

I just got a family member signed up with the Ultimate Oomph bundle, £99pm (free install), £200 quidco cashback, so ~£82.30 per month, and that is 500Mb/s BB, 2x Tivo V6 boxes, every TV channel going, Sky SPorts, BT Sports, Sky Cinema, etc. and a SIM Only 4G with unlimited data/mins and/texts, and a landline phone with unlimited call etc. Oh yeah the 12 months Amazon Prime free as well.

Soldato
Wow must have been a good saving vs. the website price, what did you end up with in the end?

I just got a family member signed up with the Ultimate Oomph bundle, £99pm (free install), £200 quidco cashback, so ~£82.30 per month, and that is 500Mb/s BB, 2x Tivo V6 boxes, every TV channel going, Sky SPorts, BT Sports, Sky Cinema, etc. and a SIM Only 4G with unlimited data/mins and/texts, and a landline phone with unlimited call etc.

Ultimate Oomph package yeah, £75 a month with amazon prime for 1 year.

The saving over sky is huge.

Soldato
Ultimate Oomph package yeah, £75 a month with amazon prime for 1 year.

The saving over sky is huge.
Good saving, but you have to put up with the Virgin interface. Until I find someone else with an interface as good and wireless mini-boxes, I'll have to stick with Sky.

Soldato
Good saving, but you have to put up with the Virgin interface. Until I find someone else with an interface as good and wireless mini-boxes, I'll have to stick with Sky.

Your right the sky interface is better but at the end of the day how much time do you actually spend on the interface? For me its not a lot I prefer to watch the TV. With virgin including BT sport and the sim card your into a £50 saving per month over sky.

Soldato

That is comparable to saying I spend £1000+ on an iPhone because the Facebook app is slightly better, in other words mad.

As for the wireless boxes, I guess you didn't have Sky until Q came out?

Associate
Your right the sky interface is better but at the end of the day how much time do you actually spend on the interface? For me its not a lot I prefer to watch the TV. With virgin including BT sport and the sim card your into a £50 saving per month over sky.
Thanks for the info, I've not had TV services from Virgin before, but like you say, for me anyway, the interface isn't that important, all that for £75 is pretty good, if I can get anywhere close to that I'll be saving considerably on what I pay now and also adding some bits

Soldato
That is comparable to saying I spend £1000+ on an iPhone because the Facebook app is slightly better, in other words mad.

As for the wireless boxes, I guess you didn't have Sky until Q came out?

Seems completely reasonable to prefer the usability of a certain interface. It is after all the sole way in which you interact with the system.

Correct, I only got Sky when Q was available. I have 4 mini's that providing hard wiring to would be a total ball-ache.

Back
Top Bottom