Sky Updated Epg

Associate
OP
To clarify this is now Dolby Digital 5.1 - HDMI always supported DD only in 2.0 format :)

Glad my DRX780 started overheating now... replacing it with a DRX890 which will get the update probably months before the old 780 does.

Interested in seeing how well the ECO Mode works - be nice to actually have the box power down, not to save energy, but to allow it time to actually cool down.

Yes correct on all fronts :)

Associate
OP
I'm amazed how the DRX895 still hasn't been updated. It being the fancy looking box.

It does seem to be a mixed bag of old and newer boxes (890 & 895) getting the update early on.

Got the update on my box (890) on the first night, i was surprised as i'm normally one of the last to get any updated EPG.

Associate
OP
Yeah it won't work, something about it not being on the update stream yet. I guess they're trickling it down to users in case it causes a mass of problems at once.

Yes this ^^

Even when you get the update, don't do a forced update
as it'll revert back to the old EPG.

Associate
OP
Was just about to post that there seems to be another update this week :p

My box went from R006.058.55.00P to R006.058.60.00P a couple of nights back :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeah the Sky button takes you straight back to TV. But its an annoying change.

The TV Guide button not opening the TV Guide is my main infuriating annoyance though! I don't have my Sky box connected to my internet, so 6 of the 8 tiles I'm forced to look at don't even work!

Its gone from a well designed and intuitive interface to something cleared geared towards Sky forcing their new On Demand content in your face! Argh!!!

Just hit the tv guide button twice for the guide from 101 or when watching TV hit the back up button for the guide from the channel you're watching.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
And how would the playbar being an output and the Sky box an input behave ? I'm tempted to give it a shot if a splitter isn't too much. I'll have a look online for one. Thanks for the suggestion

let me check in the morning, I think I've still got my splitter laying about somewhere.

You can have it if I can find it, think it's 4 in 1 out. Have to switch by hand though.

Associate
OP
Thanks cyclops, appreciate it! It will be awesome if I can finally enjoy my Playbar in 5.1 as I bought it based on a post I found online from someone saying that my TV model supports 5.1...

no problem I'll dig it out, just plug your sky and pc in to the splitter then splitter to the play bar, no need to plug in the TV unless you're using the inbuilt freeview.

Back
Top Bottom