Skyrim + 100 mods = Next Gen Visuals?

Man of Honour
Bare in mind that most Skyrim mods are essentially glorified hacks (in the good way not cheating way). Properly put in the game that level of visuals could be made to run much faster with lower level optimisation in the code i.e. the grass for instance is probably fairly brute force rendering using the default LOD coding to get that much in the scene - whereas with it properly coded with an LOD algorithm better suited to that implementation the amount of time spent rendering/processing it could be potentially halved or better.

One thing I've always liked about Skyrim is the trees - not many games manage to do trees as well - usually end up looking either naff or overly artificial i.e. farcry 3.

One thing they still need to work on tho is the rocks/boulders the hard edges where they meet the terrain and other objects, etc. breaks the immersion for me instantly.

Last edited:
Soldato
One thing I've always liked about Skyrim is the trees - not many games manage to do trees as well - usually end up looking either naff or overly artificial i.e. farcry 3.

Shame Skyrim has the single worst looking grass in a game though, vanilla and modded, and using the Creation Kit to add more grass than normal is a total FPS killer, which it shouldn't be. Just look at Just Cause 2, the grass is not only much better looking, much denser and thicker with much, much bigger patches, but it also moves a lot better in the wind and gets trodden down by people and vehicles. Bethesda just suck tbh. :p

Back
Top Bottom