• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SLI 1080TI restarting comp

Associate
Hi everyone! I have just built a beautiful new computer and it has been running perfectly but I have got greedy and decided to SLI it. I have bought the official Nvidia SLI bridge to make sure I get the best out of it. The issue is as soo as I turn SLI on and start to run a game, after about 15 seconds the computer restarts. Sometimes I even get the blue screen saying 'SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED'. My system is as below;

Asus Z270f motherboard
Intel I7 7700k running at about 4.5Ghz
32GB of Gskill Trident Z Ram
500GB Samsung Evo SSD
1TB Samsung Evo SSD
2 x Asus ROG 1080TI Graphics cards
850W Corsair power supply.

Any ideas please help!

Thanks, Brandon

Hey everyone! Thanks for the input so far! I have swapped the cards. Used the secondary card as a primary (by itself) and it works fine. I have changed the SLI Bridge and turned it back on and I am still getting the restarting and green videos aswell as black bars. Do you really think the PSU is the problem? It is a brand new 850 but I can get it changed if necessary.

Thanks so far!

Hi Everyone! Everything I read on Nvidia about a second graphics card is that when you plug the second in the drivers you originally installed would be sufficient. After changing so many things I wanted to delete the current drivers and reinstall. IT WORKED! Do you guys think I should still upgrade the PSU? Everywhere I read says the 850 should be sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom