Small AM2+/AM3 Cooler?

Associate
Hi guys. Looking for an AM2+/AM3 cooler that is small (Coolermaster 335) but still gets the job done to a decent extent. I have a P2 X2 550 and would like to get it about to about 3.7/3.8 GHZ stable. No Prolimatech or Xigmatek type monsters please. I was recommended the Scythe Mini Ninja rev. b. What do you guys think of it?

Soldato
This cooler will definitely fit and cool very well.

The scythe you mentioned is a good cooler, but mainly designed for very small PCs. If I were you, go for this cooler if you want to keep the budget down and the cooling excellent. If you are worried about it fitting, then have a look here - it seems OCUK can get it to fit fine.

Associate
Minor bumpt to chime in that I have a 335 with a q6600 and the Noctua HSF - quite a monster on the scale of the Prolimatech - just fits with a few milli to spare, so don't be too frightened of going for chunky ones.

The Arcti Coolking Freezer 7 Pro [or freezer 64 in yoru case] is quite good - got my Q6600 to 3.6ghz but is a bit noisy at load.

Seriously though, there is a decent bit of space available in the 335 if you remove that stupid 80mm side panel shroud, which with decent fore and aft 120mm fans, you just don't need.

I'm running my machine stock at the moment, with the Noctua HSF+120mm PWM fan [came from a Fenrir I never got round to fitting, arf], Radeon HD4850+ TRad2+Noctua NF-P12, and a pair of NF-S12 as case fans. All fans are running just above stall speed, and my temps at the moment are
Chassis - 29deg
CPU - about 30 average when idle, never seen it go above 55
GPU - idles at 35, never goes above 55-60 on furmark

I do whack the chassis fans and the Noctua on the GPU up to max when gaming, but then I don't do that very often.

Soldato
Apologies, it will fit the case but you need to contact corsair to get the AM2/3 mount (I believe you only have to pay the postage) if you buy it from OCUK. However, I know some other UK stores do offer the AM2/3 mount with the cooler, but that's the end of that discussion :D

Associate
xGaffner,I have just done the same as you and got myself a H50 kit(Thnx OCUK)
Didn't even know that OCUK were going to stock the AMD mounts?:confused:
Ive had to order mine from Corsair in the states,was wondering if anybody knows how long they take to deliver:confused:

Back
Top Bottom