Small case recommendation for ATX system

Associate
Hi all, I’d like to ask for some case selection advice. I am building a system around an ATX motherboard: z590-e ASUS strix rog

Can anyone recommend a decent small, compact case for this?

Some details as to intended setup and intentions:

- It’ll have a normal sized GPU card, happy for it to be riser mounted if required.

- not intending to run any additional cards on the motherboard (sound cards, etc)

- it will be running m.2 nvme drives and a few SSDs. No HDDs

- CPU will be cooled either standard cooler or AIO

- case needs to look good, but be relatively small and compact.

Many thanks all :)

Do you have any limitations on width? If not look at cube ATX cases, they are more like a box than the typical tower but building around an ATX will always mean quite a big case I'm afraid.

Think this is about as compact you will get with ATX but it does have limitations on GPU size etc because of the front mounted PSU

Thank you for that. Yep seems you’re right on the limitation of the ATX. I like the Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini Midi-Tower Case but it’s not quite ‘small’. But as you say, motherboard is the limitation. Your suggestion looks pretty good.

O11 air mini.
You can use a Noctua NH-D15 or even better, the NH-D15S, no RAM clearance issues and easier to release the GPU when needed. The regular NH-D15 seats too close to the GPU making a pain to release the PCI-E locking mechanism.
The O11 mini would require a small form factor PSU. The Air Mini uses standard PSU.

Yep Air version is on the list, thanks mate. Might go AIO for this system. And perhaps wait on the GPU til later in year but it doesn’t need to be top tier GPU performance. Perhaps 3060-3070 tops.

Cheers @Darren_uk actually that looks quite smart and petite.
Your Welcome, Comes in few Colours also, all the new tech features like USB Type C 10gb & Easy storage options
Not sure on How long the Pre-order be.

I Own a Lian Li O11 D Mini as my 2nd PC

Jonsbo D4 ATX---- 204mm x 401mm x 386mm W x D x H Supports up to ATX
Lian LI O11 D Mini 269mm x 420mm x 380mm W x D x H Supports up to ATX

Thank you for that. Yep seems you’re right on the limitation of the ATX. I like the Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini Midi-Tower Case but it’s not quite ‘small’. But as you say, motherboard is the limitation. Your suggestion looks pretty good.
+1 for Lian Li. Compact cases are great, but the airflow & cooling options on larger chassis is just phenomenal. Built everything from a high end gaming system to a deep learning monster with Lian Li, and only Phanteks would make me pause for thought with a build tbh (Eclipse series ftw)

Ssupd have a new meshroom S case coming out. Ive seen the notifications, though i havent seen any reviews as im away and the internet is not good in padstow

I have the meshlicious itx case and i really like it.

It seems its either full size Atx or itx these days, when micro atx is more than enough for most people i would guess. Shame it doesnt get more attention.

Here you go:

Back
Top Bottom