Small computer for parents

Associate
Hi guys I want to build a PC out of my old PC parts and I need a case that is as small as possible. Do you have any recommendations for me? Basically I do have an old graphics card but it is kind of a huge one so I don't know if it is better to find a case to accommodate it or to just buy a super small case and then buy like a really cheap small graphics card instead.

As above. Decent specced mini PCs can be had for less than £300. Some can even be mounted to the back of a monitor to keep things extra tidy

I just bought a GMK G3 with an N100 to replace an older 6th gen i5 for my wife's folks. The network port was getting a bit iffy, so figured I'd just change the whole thing for something that at least could support Windows 11.
So cheap, especially as I already had some DDR4 and an SSD.

I found that it absolutely needed win11 debloat stuff ran on it to feel nice though. Pretty nice box for such little money.

6th gen i5 to a n100 might even be a downgrade. 8th gen i5 is fairly cheapo and would have had 6 cores
But still if they are happy then it's a result
Nah, definitely about the same. Once enabling 15w and p states, the performance definitely went up. It was an i5 6402p, so no rocket ship.

They use it about 4 or 5 times a year, mostly to move files from the phone, or use a browser, so lowest requirements around. Cost for the box was about the equivalent of £59 brand new, so made sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom